Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike has sat for 4 years so needless to say any fuel left anywhere in the system is no good. I have already drained the tank and refilled with premium fuel and a good dose of sea foam to hopefully clear the jets and clear out the carbs without having to remove and clean them manually. My question is: what would be the easiest way to empty the old fuel from the rest of the system from the petcock through the filter, pumps, etc.? I know there is probably no easy way other than to remove the carbs and drain the bowls, but I'm trying to avoid doing that. Please let me know if you have a solution. Thanks in advance!!
-Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are drain screws on the bottom of the carb bowls.Good luck in not having to pull the carbs.
Pulled the drain screws on all of the carbs, they were all empty already. 4 years of sitting and I didn't have to pull the carbs for cleaning at all.... sprayed aerosol Sea Foam into the intakes and it fired right up. Smoked(heavily) for a bit, but then cleared out and she's running like new. Thanks for the info!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts