Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search but it didn't turn up anything. 16K on plugs so I figure it is time for a change, plus the O2 sensor will be getting changed first. Do y'all use the stock plug or is there a platinum available?

·
Super Moderator
7,617 Posts
In my 1500 I used stock plugs and it ran well with them.
I believe they do make the ngk BKR6E-11 in platinum. They may have to be ordered special if no one has them readily available.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I agree with tf, why 02 sensor or plugs? 48,000 miles on mine, pull a plug at spring service each year and put it right back in. With todays plugs you should get between 75,000 and 100,000 miles out of them. Again, why 02 sensor? Is F1 light on? If not it is better NOT TO MESS WITH IT!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I changed mine at 16,000 because the manual said too. When I was changing them I was wondering why. I've saved them to put back in after at least 30,000. The replaced ones have 17,000 and I won't even look at them. Bike runs awesome.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FI light is on, apparently the 2001 had an unstrouded O2 sensor that allowed moisture inside the sensor. There was a factory bulletin on it back in the day but no longer valid due to the age. I talked to the dealer I am going to take it to, he wants me to leave it for a week so he can check connections to make sure that is the problem.

I just thought it would be a good time to change the plugs just in case running it with bad sensors had an effect on them. Watched the video, pretty simply to change out.

·
Premium Member
24,510 Posts
When I'm doing my spring thing next w/e there's a set of NGK Iridium BKR6EIX-11's on the bench ready to go in. Not sure that they will make any difference, but they sure work well in my RC51 and my snowmobiles and my RZR. Pretty sold on things that work for me. They're pricey though, but so's Amsoil too....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts