Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '85 Aspencade came with a stock seat in good condition. Riding with the seat as far back as it goes, stock, yesterday I realize that I need to move up and back for long ride comfort. Does somebody make a retrofit that allows a stock seat to be adjusted higher and further back? Appreciate your suggestions, especially the low-cost ones!

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
A custom made Corbin seat.
I purchased a used one for a 1500
Ultimate Seats.
Possibly a good alternative a shop that does motorcycle seat recovering.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just visited the Corbin website, Val. Beautiful seats/covers, but I don't see what I need: To be more specific, I need my stock seat 3" higher and 5-6" back from the furthest back stock position. Rubber spacers under the seat won't get this done. The seat itself has to not only go up but back. Doesn't somebody make a device that secures to the frame and the stock seat to do this?

I understand that I may need to modify the seat a bit to make it look right and will need a new, larger cover, maybe where Corbin comes in. But I have to believe that other tall riders have found a solution for this. Sitting in the passenger seat works, but looks and feels weird.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
what you'll need is a custom made seat, i need one for both wings. the 1200 's seat needs to be about 2 inches higher and the rise about 2 1/2 inches farther back. the 1500's seat needs to be about an inch higher

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot, Doc! I guess we'll just have to design a new seat adjustment mechanism together! One flat tubular steel rail that attaches fully to the frame; another that connects to the seat above it, with height adjustable 1-4" and depth adjustable 2-6". Simple, right? We'll make millions!

OK, maybe not. Only 1 in 100 people is even 6'5". Well, I'll do it anyway, just for the fun of it and to ride comfortably myself, and I'll give you one if I get it right.

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
if you move the seat back much farther than the stock position the trunk will have to move with it

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hip. It all has to move together. I see it, I just lack the skills to fabricate it, but I know some folks who can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts