Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you would like to see a photo gallery of this beast just visit www.hondaruneriders.com , register to have access to the custom images in the photo gallery. Next to my wing the Rune is a piece of art :)

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
The Rune was indeed an interesting concept. Unfortunately it didn't do well on the sales floor. There's a guy with a 'one of a kind' Pearl Yellow Rune asking a cool quarter mil for it:confused:

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
The Rune was indeed an interesting concept. Unfortunately it didn't do well on the sales floor. There's a guy with a 'one of a kind' Pearl Yellow Rune asking a cool quarter mil for it:confused:
Picasso is still misunderstood.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Rune was a bit pricy when it first came out, $25,500 to $27,000 they hit their lowest point in 2010 and are now on the upswing in value. It is a piece of art and a joy to ride.

·
Administrator
28,999 Posts
Don't need to ride 2 up on that. They are just cool!!!

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
What's cool is what I own and ride. The rest is an illusion.

·
Administrator
28,999 Posts
What's cool is what I own and ride. The rest is an illusion.
Doesn't look so cool sitting on your trailer in the Avatar.;) You need a new picture. HAHA

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
That's because all his subjects had lopsided eyes and three em, er, objects requiring cup holders!:eek:

I never had the chance to ride a Rune. Are they tuned differently than the Wing engine is?

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
you really need to change that avatar, what will all the harly riders think :D
I'll redo the avatar asap with one of me sitting on the bike on the trailer posing in full leathers. About the same, huh?

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
I'll redo the avatar asap with one of me sitting on the bike on the trailer posing in full leathers. About the same, huh?
goldwing riders have a reputation to uphold too ya know :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't ride two up on it.
This is an incorrect statement, many Rune owners have the 2-up seat. Corbin produces 2 different styles and Rivco produces the passenger floor boards. I have both of the Corbin 2-up seats.
budoka said:
I never had the chance to ride a Rune. Are they tuned differently than the Wing engine is ?
Here are some facts,
The Rune has 6 throtte bodies (one per cylinder)
The Goldwing has 2 (each serves 3 cylinders)
Different cams and gearing.

Wing more hp less torque
Goldwing; 104.1 hp @ 5500 rpm ..... 109.9 ft lbs torque @ 4250 rpm

Rune more torque less hp
Rune; 95 hp @ 5250 rpm ..... 110 ft. lbs. torque @ 2500 rpm

In the long run if you were to race them, the outcome would be a difference of a fraction of a second .

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Thaks for that info. Only thing I heard about riding the Rune was that some testers (?) didn't care for the throttle response at low rpm/speeds, said it was kind of 'lurchy', not smooth and seamless like they were expecting. No complaints on the handling though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What do you Ride ??

This is an incorrect statement, many Rune owners have the 2-up seat. Corbin produces 2 different styles and Rivco produces the passenger floor boards. I have both of the Corbin 2-up seats.

Here are some facts,
The Rune has 6 throtte bodies (one per cylinder)
The Goldwing has 2 (each serves 3 cylinders)
Different cams and gearing.

Wing more hp less torque
Goldwing; 104.1 hp @ 5500 rpm ..... 109.9 ft lbs torque @ 4250 rpm

Rune more torque less hp
Rune; 95 hp @ 5250 rpm ..... 110 ft. lbs. torque @ 2500 rpm

In the long run if you were to race them, the outcome would be a difference of a fraction of a second .
G,Day all it would be funny if we all rode the same bike i am a Goldwing man my self with my back rest for the old bone,s they tried to cut out .But im well past my use by date every day is a Bonus .A Mate has a Valkrie and when towing the trailer its very thursty in dead i will keep my wing thanks Cheer,s an Stay Safe ??:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts