Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
i have j&m headsets also in three of my helmets but the el-cheapo set was on sale for $67

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Agree with Shayes on the headset choice, I had the Honda ones and didn't like the cord fit, very difficult to plug in. J&M often has deals on their stuff too.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Our 1990 came with the factory originals so I don't have anything to compare to but they sound fine to me and much better that trying to yell around your head.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check out Edsets. I have them in our 3/4 open face helmets. The sound is very good. They come with the extension cord. One thing I like best is, you can use ear buds plugged into the module. They sort of act as earplugs, and is the only way I have found to get somewhat high fidelity sound at highway speeds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Agree with Shayes on the headset choice, I had the Honda ones and didn't like the cord fit, very difficult to plug in. J&M often has deals on their stuff too.
I've also had difficulty with the Honda headsets plugging in but now that we've used them for almost a year they're starting to get less difficult to the point where the Mrs. doesn't need my help with them anymore. We're using them with Bell shorty helmets that now come with pockets in the ear curtain for the headphones and they position them perfectly! No velcro needed and they stay put.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I am probably going to catch flak for this one but I have J&M and chatter box head sets and actually prefer the chatter box head sets over the J&M, I think that the sound is better when listening to music and the volume level has to be turned up higher on the J&M head set to get the same sound level as the chatter box headsets at a lower level and the cost of the chatter box units are about $50-$60 less than the J&M.
JMHO

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
the sound quality will change with the distance the head phones are from your ears

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.