Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Goldwings - Woud apprechiate opinions on best highway peg/mount set for 2012 - My legs reach to about 3 inches from verticle engine guard

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
The pegs offered out there are the same for all 1800 models so the year is irrelevant. WoW! Where to start??? I have the Kuryakyn Highway Floorboards. They are big and roomy, for some riders too big and roomy. The important factor is the " extension " sizes that is offered with the pegs. That will make all the difference in their forward / reward location ( i.e. the stretch factor ). For myself, I have about a 33" inseam ( 34 " with boots on ). After trying the optional extensions for the pegs I settled on the " mini " extension for the furthest forward reach possible. Here is what I have and the extension size I settled on. For some reason I can't load both pics at the moment.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,515 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok...Thanx. I mentioned it was a 2012 because when I extend my legs it seems awkward around the fairring (compared to the harley with lowers I came off of). Had heard that the fairring on the 12s was a bit wider prior so wondering if having pegs on the 12s is a problem

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Ok...Thanx. I mentioned it was a 2012 because when I extend my legs it seems awkward around the fairring (compared to the harley with lowers I came off of). Had heard that the fairring on the 12s was a bit wider prior so wondering if having pegs on the 12s is a problem
You know cp. I sat on a 2012 once but it did not have pegs on it. Choosing the right peg and offset/ extension that works for you on the first purchase is sometimes a hit or miss proposition if you can't try someone else's rig first. I went through two different extension purchases/ trades to get what worked for me. Everything about the Wing leg room is so different from the Harley it has actually prevented some overly legged riders from switching to a Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Heres my quick review on the ones I have mounted.

OOOPS ... we are talking pegs not boards ... wheres that delete button

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
Heres my quick review on the ones I have mounted.

OOOPS ... we are talking pegs not boards ... wheres that delete button
Too late. Watch out where you step. Speaking of Floorboards, since YOU brought it up, I ride a Harley Ultra Glide every year in AZ for a few days and try as I may I just can't get use to them. That's my review. I'm glad YOU brought it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts