Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw a documentary on either History channel or Discovery channel on the design and testing of the V-Rod.....it was quite impressive! I am a Harley owner, have a Utlra Classic, but thinking hard about getting a new wing, and if Harley were to put that V-Rod engine in its touring bikes, it would be a game changer for them I think. Like every other Harley touring owner, I had to spend money to get the stock bike to run smoother and cooler, as in heat wise not looks wise, and perform as it should from the factory.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had two Harley Electra-Glide UltraClassics over the years and liked both of them. I like my Goldwing too. If I could get a Goldwing that sounded like a Harley and had a GPS/sound system like a Ford, I'd LOVE that bike.

·
Registered
757 Posts
V-Rod Option Across the Board -

A number of years ago I'd read where the upper management of HD had plans for the newly introduced V-Rod motor to be offered as an option across their complete line of bikes. It was going to be progressively punched out in CC's and HP for the heavier road models.

After some time to reevaluate the market and government emission regulations - I think the V-Rod motor will probably show up again but with the radiator plumbing WELL hidden under a much newer sleek cowling. Love that HD rumble on the open road........ :)

Michael

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good point and with the changes in the industry trying to acquire new riders a more modern design may be the answer. Although I believe electrics will be the future for vehicles in general especially with the advances taking place thank to Musk and the Tesla line.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts