Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I'm going to follow this thread closely. Backrest and / or highway pegs will be my first purchase. I'm leaning towards the Utopia , albiet the installation is an effort. The choice between backrest seems to be " bar or no bar ". Highway pegs are too numerous in design to tell by a picture. The qualification here I would think would be adjustability. Post away!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi gang, I have the kuryakyn backrest with the bar. Easy installation,no cutting of the seat and it is adjustable - 3 different positions. As for the bar, my little lady says its not a factor for her. Also, the backrest tilts to allow easy access for the little lady and makes it easy for me to take off my sheepskin seat cover for cleaning. There is also a little pocket she uses for cell phone/sunglasses or whatever.
I also have the kuryakyn highway pegs....actually I have the full boards with the adjustable swing arms. I have long legs so I played around with the different positions for a long time before I got what I wanted. I don't use them much but they are good on a long run for a leg stretch. Looks cool too. I also have:
kuryakyn trunk rack - invaluable
passenger volume/cb control - excellent addition for 2up - wing stuff or J&M can't remember
cb - great when riding in groups - honda product
satellite radio - sierra electronics - not built in to canadian bikes

Hopefully, I'll have more stuff after Xmas. I have a list as long as my arm. Good luck, guys, and let us know what you went with.
satellite radio -

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Poncho!!

I have the same limited edition blue also.. Awesome color!! Anyway, could you send me a link for the Kur. adjustable offsets for me for the highway pegs??

·
Registered
179 Posts
xharley, that is a limited edition color ? While I had to wait to get that particular color, I didn't realize it is a limited edition one - the dealer never mentioned it. It is sooo cool, though. Anyway, here is the link:
www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/3/scID/72/IMID/3748

I have the 4059 product. Non-lighted, full boards, adjustable arm. ERGO II, I believe. Here locally, I haven't seen this product on a bike and it looks really sharp, really stands out. I'll see if I have a pic with a good view on them and post it.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Thank you Poncho! I'm sold! Going now to " Wingstuff " to order. P.S. Your attachment picture cannot be enlarged. It would be nice if all here could post their pictures on a free web site : http://drop.io/ . Sweet! The order is done. I'll post when they are in and on the bike. I'm going to trust you on this one Poncho, even though your screen name doesn't match your local.

·
Registered
179 Posts
chopin114, my real name is Lyndon if that makes you feel any better :) A bit nerdy compared to Poncho, I think. The handle comes from a cool cowbot hat that I wear sometimes. But you're right, the cowboy theme is a bit odd over here in the north atlantic ! I'll be checking out that photo website today. Cheers, have a safe Xmas, and good luck with the farkles ! Poncho/Lyndon

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
chopin114, my real name is Lyndon if that makes you feel any better :) A bit nerdy compared to Poncho, I think. The handle comes from a cool cowbot hat that I wear sometimes. But you're right, the cowboy theme is a bit odd over here in the north atlantic ! I'll be checking out that photo website today. Cheers, have a safe Xmas, and good luck with the farkles ! Poncho/Lyndon
Poncho: I meant to ask if you used the 6 in.extensions that come with the pegs, or you switched to the 4 in. extensions ? ~ Lee

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I have a Utopia and find that it works great for me. 5'8" so I'm vertically challenged ( as well as mentally, been married for twenty-four years with two young adult males) I aslo have the Kury Highway boards.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I have a Utopia and find that it works great for me. 5'8" so I'm vertically challenged ( as well as mentally, been married for twenty-four years with two young adult males) I aslo have the Kury Highway boards.
sr71 ( Blackbird ? ): Did you mount the backrest yourself ? How do you like the Highway boards? For your leg reach, did you find the stock adjustability satisfying ? Most of the feed back comments of the Kury boards seemed to focus on the length of the extension: the stock 6 in. vs the purchaseable 4 in. They are on the way to me so I won't know until I get them on, but as the weather won't allow riding I have time to wonder.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Chopin114, Yes I mounted the backrest myself and everyone else is right... the hardest part is cutting into that brand new saddle. The foam can be a bit tricky to cut as it is tough stuff. I have the stock length on the boards and I find them to be very enjoyable. Next accessories are a rear spoiler with a brake light modulator anad a luggage rack. Can't ride here in Connecticut so my as well do the maintenance thingy. SR71 does not refer to the Blackbird formerly used by the good ole boys in the USAF. It is the color of my 1971 Triumph TR-6. (signal red) Merry Christmas !!!!

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Sweet sr71! The price I have been seeing on the Utopia is alot less than the brace models and that's a good thing.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
I have the ergo II pegs on my 09. Love the way they look and the position. I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I have the ergo II pegs on my 09. Love the way they look and the position. I'm 5'9" with a 29" inseam. Hope that helps.
The floorboard are on order. Expected delivery date is Jan.4. These puppies look like a shoe size scale at Buter Brown's. I liked the idea of the heel tab at the bottom edge. Product companies never post pictures of people actually on the bike wearing the "addys " they are selling.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi chopin. I can get the pics on but the site limits it to 97kb's. When I try to resize the pics, they always get real small so what I'm going to do is take some new photos with the camera set so the pics aren't so large. The bike is stashed in the corner of my basement right now but I can still get some pics. Unfortunately, I have to go into work for a few hours this afternoon so it'll be tonight before I can do it. I'll be in touch.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Hi chopin. I can get the pics on but the site limits it to 97kb's. When I try to resize the pics, they always get real small so what I'm going to do is take some new photos with the camera set so the pics aren't so large. The bike is stashed in the corner of my basement right now but I can still get some pics. Unfortunately, I have to go into work for a few hours this afternoon so it'll be tonight before I can do it. I'll be in touch.
Take the regular size pictures and get them on your computer. We will load them to a free web site . Then we post the link here. I tried posting large pictures here also. Had no success the first attempt so I gave up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts