Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about which aftermarket addition I have on my Goldwing is the best and came to the decision that it is probably also the cheapest and that is the kickstand pad that mounts to base of your kickstand preventing it from sinking in gravel and or dirt I had several experiences of my Goldwing starting to tip over due to sinking the kickstand into gravel parking lots and driveways and in soft dirt The pad has made a world of difference I haven't had any issues of it tip to far due to the kickstand sinking. I hope this helps some of you from having your bike tip over.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I was thinking about which aftermarket addition I have on my Goldwing is the best and came to the decision that it is probably also the cheapest and that is the kickstand pad that mounts to base of your kickstand preventing it from sinking in gravel and or dirt I had several experiences of my Goldwing starting to tip over due to sinking the kickstand into gravel parking lots and driveways and in soft dirt The pad has made a world of difference I haven't had any issues of it tip to far due to the kickstand sinking. I hope this helps some of you from having your bike tip over.
I actually fabricated a larger foot for my kickstand out of 1/4 inch steel plate and had it welded to the bottom. Now it has about 3 times the surface area of the original pad. You just have to adjust the dimensions so it will raise the whole way.
I still carry a larger plate with a tether to the handgrip for use on really soft ground. The tether reminds me it's there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts