Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I just got a quote from Honda on a set of factory replacement tires for my Goldwing and its ridiculous.

What is the best brand of aftermarket tires or the Goldwing that are affordable??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently had a set of the new Avon Cobras installed, and am very happy. My bike had the "wobble" problem that so many have mentioned, and that went away. As of now I have only put about 5K miles on them, but the wobble is gone, and handling is much improved over the Metz me880s that I had been using.
Price was a little over $400 with the dealer doing the entire remove,and install.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had Dunlops installed on my bike back in July and they are great. I was getting the wobble and the old tires were starting to dry rot. Since these were installed, I have not had any problems. Total price for the tires and installation was right around $450. I had some other work done at the same time so I can't remember the exact amount for just the tires. GL.

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
i had a 1200 aspy that i put dunlope3 tires on this spring. the tires were about $200 and $160 to mount and balance them. the 1500 had e3s on it already

·
Registered
8 Posts
i found tires (front and rear 176.00) but they dont have the correct size. (whats already on my 84) can i swap a 150/80 rear with a 170/80? do you think this will rub?
thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
you cannot use 1500 wing tires on a 1200 wing, 1200 rims are wrong diameter. go over to www.denniskirk.com. you can look up tires for your specific bike and get the sizes and if the price is good for you buy them and have them mounted at your favorite shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Kendra Kruz Tires for GL1500 $182 Set Free Shipping

I just got a set $ on Ebay for $80 for the Front 130/70 H-18 & $102 for the Rear 160/80 H-16 with Buy it Now & FREE SHIPPING. They look good but till I get them on and a few miles on them I won't know. The Forums say they are a good tire but time will tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put Kendra Kruz tires on before my trip and after 5000 miles still have lots of life left in them. They also were in every type of weather and I was happy with the preformance.

Allen

·
Registered
38 Posts
My buddy is real happy with IRC tires on his interstate 1200. 90 bucks locally or can get them from JP cycles for about the same.:)

·
Super Moderator
15,261 Posts
for all putting new tires on your wings did you consider the load rating of the tires you got

Reactions: Madrussian

·
Registered
693 Posts
... Howdy ... I Always Stay With Name Brand Tires ... As William Said Make Sure They Are Load Rated For You're Machine ... Another Error I See Alot Of People Make Is Air Pressure ... Set The Air Pressure That Is Printed On The Side Of The Tire Not The Owners Manual ... My Safety Comes Over Prices ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
The verdict on the IRC tires on my friends 1200 interstate is in now that hes on the second set. Load range is correct, mileage is outstanding even after doing repeated burnouts at the 3 day charity rally we put on each year. After that he rode the rest of the summer most of the miles on 300 plus trips and locally on twisty backroads, basically uses his bike winter summer instead of a cage unless its snowing which it doesnt that much here though its cold, same as I do with mine.
He has put on a second set new and is getting the same results as the first set and loves them.
I havent run them on my wing yet since I havent to replace both tires, the rear being a practically new elite 3 on the rear when I bought the bike a few months ago but the front I did need to replace before going from to ky to tx and back just for piece of mind since it was an older tire that came on the front. I put on a dunlop d404 on the front to at least match brands with the dunlop rear.

But when I replace the set I most likely will go with the IRC unless the elite 3 rear i have gets better milage than what hes getting on the IRC. Be safe Ghost

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Dunlop

I'm on my 4th set of Dunlop Elite 3's. I get right at 20K and replace both together each time. They cost about $450 total with mounting and balance by a honda dealer. I have bought all of them on sale and the discount has been 40 percent. That helps.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I went to the Google Play store and could not find a Motorcycle.com App for Android. The link provided sent me to an Apple link that asked me if I wanted to download Apple music....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I went to the Google Play store and could not find a Motorcycle.com App for Android. The link provided sent me to an Apple link that asked me if I wanted to download Apple music....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Did you use the right finger?:grin2:

·
Administrator
26,305 Posts
???????????????? This thread is major old and was about Wing tires...not phone apps:icon_confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts