Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick one up. I have seen 2 types, one from Cycle House which is a one piece pan and the other from Tulsa, it is a two piece. Which would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
someone will chime in knowing both. I just installed the 2 piece tonight.

the good:
It is designed so 3 screws removes the front to access the oil filter.

the bad:
2 rear clamps to catch the exhaust pipes. can't figure out how the heck to get at the nut to tighten.

I left these off for now until I figure it out or someone explains my ignorance.

Bottom line:
pleased with it overall. looks like it will do the job.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Get the 2 piece one, it makes changing the oil a lot easier than the 1 piece one. Why are you getting a belly pan? I had one on my 92 and thought it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent, but a lot of people have them so they must do something, it just never a difference to me,

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I had the stainless one from Wingstuff on my '09. Took it off when I had to remove the tupperware to do the exhaust install. Then be darned if I could get both the tupperware and the pan back on, so it's on the shelf in my garage. They do protect the coolant bottle from small articles of road debris, but they are far from invincible. I'm going to try and cut the mounting slots with my dremmel and see if I can just loosen the acorn nuts and slide the slots in rather than removing the nuts completely. If I mess up the pan, it's not a huge $ loss. I'll post what happen when I tackle it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the 2 piece one, it makes changing the oil a lot easier than the 1 piece one. Why are you getting a belly pan? I had one on my 92 and thought it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent, but a lot of people have them so they must do something, it just never a difference to me,
My line of thinking is to protect the oil filter from puncture from road debris.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought the two piece stainless steel like two wheel wing did....

CAUTION: Make sure you tell your local dealer that you have installed the belly pan on your bike when you take it in for service...the service lifts they use can sometime get hung up on the belly pan and crush it....it happened to mine...they replaced for free two times....why two times...the new replacement was put on by the dealer who forgot to take off the white protective plastic on the stainless steel...thus I got about a mile down the road and the bike started to melt away...that is the plastic coating on the belly pan...it did stink....the third new one was put on by me with them paying for it.....

I have no problems with it....I did it to protect the coolant bottle only not for looks...

Safe Ride....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts