Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been unhappy with the heat coming out the sides of my belly pan. I decided to try to vent it along the bottom so the wind running under the bike while moving would suck the hot air out the back.

This is end result. Raining here so no chance to test it.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
25,987 Posts
Couldn't hoight....

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 1/2 mile of gravel road I have to negotiate each way ok every ride. Belly pan is much cheaper than getting it paved. $$$$

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
First thing I did when we bought our 1800 was to rip a hole in the radiator overflow tank unloading it out of the trailer. Second thing I did was buy and install a belly pan and a new overflow tank. We love our bike, but we sure do question Mother Honda's logic on some of her manufacturing Technics. Good looking mod, btw.

·
Registered
506 Posts
First thing I did when we bought our 1800 was to rip a hole in the radiator overflow tank unloading it out of the trailer. Second thing I did was buy and install a belly pan and a new overflow tank. We love our bike, but we sure do question Mother Honda's logic on some of her manufacturing Technics. Good looking mod, btw.
Thank you for this post. I just went thru the belly pan, coolant reservoir hassle in the past few days getting ready for the PA Outback meeting. I am agrivated to say the least. Overnight shipping amounted to about $100. Stupid design. Everyone reading this get a belly pan now and make sure your coolant reservoir doesn't leak.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 14 of 14 Posts