Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got a call this morning from robert ( grey phantom on the GWW forum ) about 11am, he had made it to ypslianti,mi. i asked him to meet me for lunch at the cracker barrel resturant at bellville rd and I-94. it would take him 10 to 15 minutes to get there from where he was and take me about 20 minutes to arrive. i still had to get dressed for the trip but made it there in just about 20 minutes running 85mph most of the way. robert was traveling with his wife and rides a 1500 trike and pulling a trailer. i treated them to lunch and we kept each other entertained during lunch. we headed just up the road to walmart so robert could get a few things because of the mishap he had the day before but noone got hurt and the bike is ok but the lid onthe trailer has a broken hinge. we headed north on bellville rd to us-12 wherewe stopped for fuel. robert said that he didn't want to travel on the expressway but he was heading to ohio and home ( butler, ga. ). we headed east on us-12 into dearborn hts,mi. we mad a right turn on beach daily heading south to avoid the congestion on us-24

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
we took beach daily to pensylvania rd where we headed east and to us-24. we took us-24 south heading for ohio but ran into some construction for a couple miles but traffic was lite and we got througe it in no time. in monroe, mi i told robert that i was going to take m-50 and head for I-75 to get back home and for him to stay on us-24 for ohio which is only about 15 miles from monroe, mi. it was great meeting robert and his wife and we had a good time even though it was short

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i don't date very often and GWW doesn't have alot of active members like we do. i have just over 200 post and thats the third most on the forum. robert reminds me of joe in cali, very knolagable about wings. 1200 and 1500 wing in particuar.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Glad you had a good ride Doc,always nice to meet new people.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Riding when you can Doc is always a good thing.

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
Glad you got to meet up and ride. I used to know a lot of those roads. Sounds like a good trip.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Sound like a good time was had by all Doc. Always nice to meet new friends..

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad you got to meet up and ride. I used to know a lot of those roads. Sounds like a good trip.
come on up so i can refresh your memory

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
I was planning on August but may have to go to Pennsylvania now.
That's good Mark because the Doc will be in PA in August anyway.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's good Mark because the Doc will be in PA in August anyway.
i might head to hampton, va from there but i will be in pa. for the hoon hoot

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Sounds like you had a good ride doc, but em, no pics?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Always fun meeting new friends. Got a local meet and greet coming up on the 14th over in Winthrop, Wa. Now if it will just stop raining, long enough to get over the Mountain and back.
What date is set for the Hoon Hoot.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like you had a good ride doc, but em, no pics?
sorry red baron but i forgot my camera was in my trunk and the batterys are bad but roberts wife took a few pic's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts