Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my 84 wing a few years ago and since then have been on three long trips. One from Phoenix to So cal up the coast through Oregon up to Idaho across the Lolo into Yellowstone down through the Kemmerer over to Denver down to NM and back to AZ via Monument Valley The Next was from AZ to Lake Fork tx Via Carlsbad then back through Ruidoso and white Sands. In July of last year up To Glacier Via The Salmon River and Grand Canyon and Back. Plan to travel to Boston this Summer.

returning Through Maine,, NH,VT,NY,Oh.Mi.,WI,MN,SD,WY,Mt,WA,Or and Cal will Hit a number of states going out. see Gettysburg, Crazy Horse,Rushmore,Devils Tower, Mackinaw And all types of stuff planning on at least a month and a half.

So have the bike apart..New WP,Timing Belts,Tensioners, Adding the poor Boy Kit Rebuild Starter New Elite IIIs and Scored A brand New in the box Complete Set of 416's for 70 bucks so those will go on.. doing the front also. Complete Lube and using Mobil 1 MC oil 20-50. Adding the randack Spin on. Upgraded the Interstate with Factory Radio and CB.

When I pulled the timing Covers I noticed one belt was loose..They have been in Three Years. K&L automotive Brand They did not look Good Gates(NaPA on now). Tensioner was beginning o hum and I had Elite II;s on and they sucked. The progressives With the New fork Brace Should help with The tires. Anyway Good to read the posts here.:D

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Welcome back. Sounds like a great trip.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I believe I went through Florence April 11th. I was visiting the Casa Grande ruins. I was in a car.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
welcome back and keep us posted on you adventures

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
Welcome back and ride safe. Thanks for the update..

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Always good to here from a returning member. sounds like you've made some good miles in your absence.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts