Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went out looking at acouple different places today, and might have bought one. I went to a small Mom and Pop Shop about a half hour away. They are called Vern's Bikes & Trikes. When they opened up, they specialized in making trikes out of wrecked Goldwings. Now they sell trikes, goldwings, and lots of goldwing apparell, parts.......Anyways, I went there today to look at a 1982 1100GL, but it had been sold. BUT.....they had a spotless 85 Aspencade that they had taken in on trade. I am talking this thing looked awesome! But the battery was dead, and we didnt have much time, so, I didnt get to hear it run today. they are going to pull it in the shop, and go over it, and get it running, and then I will go in and test drive it. They were asking $2585, and I got them down to $2400. I know I shouldnt get my hopes up, but if it runs half as good as it looks, I will be the proud new owner of my very first Goldwing. I took pics on my phone, but cant figure out how to get them on here. The website is www.vernsbikesandtrikes.com if you want to check them out.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not on their site, not sure why. Its got 50,000 on it. Sounds like they dont know a whope lot about it. The owner of the store was gone today, so I plan on talking to him more about it. I will have alot to learn on these things.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the bike has the OEM stator I would stay away from it. The stator will go out and about 50,00o miles is when it happens, if not sooner, Then it's about $1,000 to replace it. Check the plug by the battery and see if it look burnt. The battery might be dead due to a bad stator. Check the charging system with a volt meter if your serious about buying the bike. I had one just like it, same color and everything and it is a beautiful, the stator went out a few days before I bought my new 92 Wing and I had to have it replaced at a cost of over $1,000
Thanks for the info. We actually did check the plug by the battery, and it is not there anymore. The tech guy showed me 3 wires that he said someone must have wired in to bypass the plug. Does this make any sence?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts