·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what brand of battery do you use in your wing? iss it a lead acid or agm sealed

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
I currently have an Interstate AGM battery on my 1993 GL-1500A. It is almost 3 years old. Works great, I've had cheap batteries (I got what i paid for) that didn't last as long.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Battery

I use Yuasa, I hope this is spelled correctly.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
I still have the original in my 09, but in my 98 GL1500 I had a agm sealed one from Wasco. Had it over 6 years, kept it on the battery tender when not riding and it started the bike the day I traded it like it did when I first installed it. Great battery.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone else

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
i have an odyssey pc680 in both wings. i got them both at lmr batteries.com $112 and $108. i didn't buy them at the same time. they are more like an optima battery for your bike but the plates are not spiral, it is sealed. the overall size is smaller than a conventional battery so you will need something to fill in the space in the battery box so the battery doesn't slide around. for us up north just disconnect the battery for winter and reconnect in spring, an odyssey battery will keep a charge for up to two years

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
I have been using Deka lead acid batteries in all my bikes. Very reasonable prices. The one in my CM400 is three years old and still starts it just fine!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'll be heading out in the morning to try an find a battery local...trying to also make a contact for future questions/help while bringing this wing back to life.

I'll pop the battery out and if I can find a decent battery/price I'll post the detail...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try Deka Batterys! They are AGM batterys that are sealed so you never have to worry about acid getting on your lady and rusting her out. Best of all there 100% MADE IN THE USA. Go take a look at bohannonbatery.com.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I can't remember what I had in the 120, but I think they were regular Yuasa OEM replacements. Never had to replace the battery in the 1500, and I have a battery tender for the new bike for the winter storage. Don't have a clue what I'll go to if I need a replacement, but I like the idea of a sealed unit, perhaps the one that detdrbuzzard mentioned. What did you use to take up the space in the battery compartment?

·
Registered
132 Posts
O.K., so here is the deal. I got a Drag Specialities YTX24HL 350CCA sealed gel battery. This is suppossed to be made for YUASA here in the USA.

It is slightly smaller in width than the battery I removed. It did fit perfectly in height and length. My battery was in a rubber type tray on the bottom and top. Not sure if that is factory? I cleaned everything up and re-installed. It is a snug fit, but looks great.

I paid 125 bucks. I know I could have saved some bucks--but the shop looks good and the people were cool. They were good about answering my questions with no attitude. I also picked up 4 feet of fuel line so I can flush the system and have some left over to replace all the old lines.

I'm off to clean out the fuel system (less carburetors-they come later).

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a cut up rolled up bicycle inner tube budoka

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Well even I sould be able to remember that, thanks detdr.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts