Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have to get a new battery for my 2003 wing, what would be a good make. I was looking at original Yusa which lasted this long, unless there is one better for about the same price. Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi, I have to get a new battery for my 2003 wing, what would be a good make. I was looking at original Yusa which lasted this long, unless there is one better for about the same price. Thanks
Looks like you got about 9 years so I would say you can't go wrong with Yusa. There is a newfangled battery on the market which is supposed to be several lb.'s lighter and have more amps and stay cooler but I think the cost is about $300. Did you use a battery maintainer on your old one to get it to last so long?

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
odyssey, the only battery you'll find in my wing

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
When I had to replace the battery in my 1500 I went with a WestCo AGM battery. Had it for 6 years and it was still working fine when I sold the bike. Kept it on a battery tender when the bike sat.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm rough on batteries and found that a Sears Diehard lasted for years and is not that pricey. Think the last one I bought was about $60-80 and at a local Sears auto center.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.