Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Battery Bug for the Wing. Looks like it just connects to the battery, so even I can do that, but I was wondering if anyone has one on their bike and where did you mount it. It's the digital mode with backlight.. :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I've seen posts where guys have mounted them on the left handle bar, in the center of the shelter and also inside the trunk being its something that your really don't have to keep your eye on.

I've also been thinking about getting one and also mount mine in the trunk.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I the only one who has one of these??????:confused:

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
I don't think you would want it hidden. The whole point is to monitor the battery/alternator.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't think you would want it hidden. The whole point is to monitor the battery/alternator.
Your point is well taken and if I could find a decent place to mount it up front, I would. But there just doesn't seem to be a good mounting place for it if you want a neat or professional looking installation. Of course I'm open to suggestions. ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
i have an alternator monitor made by kury that i never used because i'll have to relocate my power outlet to mount it

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Yes, puppies are waterproof. ;)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Is this puppy waterproof ?
I just received mine and no where in the packaging does it state that its water proof. Now with that being said,, it has to be water proof if it's intended to be mounted any where on the bike where you can see it.

I was just outside looking for a place to mount this thing and the only place that makes sense is directly above the radio. My only problem is that it will cover the GoldWing 30th Anniversary emblem and I really don't want to cover that. I know,,, that's a pretty stupid reason for not wanting to mount a device that gives you important battery information.

The only other options are mounting it on the side pocket covers or having an addition mount on the handle bar with a flat plate to mount it on.

Any other suggestions??

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
From the WingStuff website.

Motorcycle Battery Monitor is Waterproof and easily attaches to any flat suface. Warns you with a loud Audible Alarm if your motorcycle battery approaches failure before you find out too late. Monitors voltage as you ride with an Easy to read Large Clear Display. Draws less power than a digital dashboard clock and measures 2.0"H x 2.0W x 0.5D

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with the 1800 to give an informed decision on where to mount it.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
i don't think thats stupid rmrc. i wanted an anneversery edition 1500 wing and i wouldn't have covered the emblems with anything but wax

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight over location, but if I get one the truck looks like a viable mount potion. I note that it has a " loud audible warning sound ". Of course it would look ' cool ' around the dash area.

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't have a anniversary plate anywhere on my Wing, so I guess I could put it on the Goldwing plate. The other place I was thinking about was on the cover for the compartment on the right side of the fairing. (the one that locks). That's nice and flat. Would need to find a place to conceal the wires.... HUMMMM

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't have a anniversary plate anywhere on my Wing, so I guess I could put it on the Goldwing plate. The other place I was thinking about was on the cover for the compartment on the right side of the fairing. (the one that locks). That's nice and flat. Would need to find a place to conceal the wires.... HUMMMM
You also have to take into consideration regarding placement on the right side fairing cover that the wire feeds out from the right side of the gauge, so I'd imagine you would have to notch the cover and route the wire inside the compartment and then drill a hole to pass the wire through. Sounds like a plan.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Somebody jinxed me here. I went to my sister's house to wish her a Happy Birthday. She lives in a town home on an uphill incline. I left the bike in gear as a parking brake and cut the engine off with the kill switch. It's my sister's home, I don't need to remove the key, it's parked in front of her house. But I should have at least turned the key off. An hour after the visit and I'm ready to leave I'm looking for jumper cables. Had I the Battery Bug that alarm might have saved the ignominy of a jump start.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Somebody jinxed me here. I went to my sister's house to wish her a Happy Birthday. She lives in a town home on an uphill incline. I left the bike in gear as a parking brake and cut the engine off with the kill switch. It's my sister's home, I don't need to remove the key, it's parked in front of her house. But I should have at least turned the key off. An hour after the visit and I'm ready to leave I'm looking for jumper cables. Had I the Battery Bug that alarm might have saved the ignominy of a jump start.
Has anyone actually heard how loud the alarm is on the Battery Bug??

I'm definitely going to install mine. Where is the main question!

So far, I'm still thinking the trunk is in the running. But I'd love to see some installs that are in view of the rider. On top of the right fairing door is another possibility that I'll investigate!

·
Registered
363 Posts
And here's another thought,,,.

Being that we're hooking up the battery bug directly to the battery, I wonder what the readout will be when you have the battery hooked up to a Battery Tender? (which I've always been in the habit of doing)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts