Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 gl1500, one day I was in town riding with my daughter, we were stopped at a stop light with the front brake lever depressed when the handbrake went all the way down. I pumped the handbrake a few times and the brake lever became normal again. I have been told it could be the brake line colapsing or a brake pad coming loose to air in the line. Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Have you had any service work done on your brakes lately? Sounds like air (or an improper bleed) to me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Baldeagle alot of times when the seals on the piston in the master cylinder get old if you don't hold firm pressure on the lever it will allow the brake fluid to by-pass the seals causing the lever to go all the way down. The pressure causes the seal to expand. When the seals get old they get hard & worn & don't expand as good. This is telling you it is time to rebuild the master cylinder. Just my two cents. Good luck

·
Registered
84 Posts
Brakes

I have had something similar happen, just had the front disks and pads replaced and 10 minutes after collecting it the front seized up completely luckily I was slowing down at the time or it could have ended up with a major incident, but anyway, after it was lifted back to the garage turned out the seals were gone in the master cylinder but it took them 2 hours to drill the circlip out, but now I have great brakes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts