Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at these for the 1500. I see they have the wings with uppers or lowers. Which on is better?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Depends on what you want. I have the mirror wings and the side wings (two piece, upper and lower). there is also one for the feet, but says you could have trouble fitting them on a trike. I have a trike and live in Texas. Sounds like a cold weather thing to me. i like the ability to suck the wind into my legs and chest with the side wings. I can also set them to repel rain. Same with the mirror, helps a little with head buffeting for my wife, but with all of them set to deflect, you just about have to stop to get wet. Love em. Good luck

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I have same setup as jackpoet; i love 'em. they are great for directing wind into the cockpit or deflecting wind and rain away from the cockpit.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Mine came on the bike. I am like DonaldLL in that I really like mine. I started using them right away because intuitively they just make good sense. Just like a vent in a windshield or an adjustable windshield would be. Just a good thing to use.

I am so leaning towards a windbender.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I am so leaning towards a windbender.
I love mine Larry. I run mine in lowest setting in Texas heat solo and highest position when Deb rides. She says buffeting is minimal. Baker Wind Wings for me as next upgrade.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
I love mine Larry. I run mine in lowest setting in Texas heat solo and highest position when Deb rides. She says buffeting is minimal. Baker Wind Wings for me as next upgrade.
I am sold on the windbender. I am just trying to justify the full auto system.... and then I balance that against a change to an 1800. In my mind, I have not completely given up on an 1800.

Note: I did not call an 1800 an upgrade but many who have gone from the 1500 to the 1800 have. There is just so many improvements..... no disrespect given to the 1000, 1100 or the 1200 machines as well. The wind is the same.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the highway boards on my 1500. Will the airwings get in the way of having my feet on the highway boards?

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Not sure about the boards but if you have Highway pegs on the lowers may.

I had Baker Hand Wings & another brand on the uppers & they were one of the cheapest additions compared to the benefits that I made.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I have the upper Baker Wings on my 1800 and really like 'em.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
I have the lower leg wings and they're great, especially in the rain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.