Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting Baker Wings but need to know if I can only buy one set which one would I be better off buying. The mirror set or the fairing set? Which one will offer the best wind reduction for the little lady that rides behind me?
I am going to get the oil changed get some new tires and up grade my speakers. I have other stuff to buy as well with Xmas right around the corner. Soooo money is quickly running away and I am looking to cut a corner.....Preciate it

Thanks for the advice in advance! :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
I have both....IMO the mirror set helps her the most and the fairing set helps me.

·
Super Moderator
28,439 Posts
Ditto what the Ref said but I will say that once you have both you'll love them. The lower ones are great when it is 90^+ because you can bring air in on both of you. If some of the other stuff you are buying is the Chrome Crap my recommendation is bag that stuff & go with function. You won't be sorry you did.

·
Premium Member
23,768 Posts
For " her " the mirror wings. This was proven on a two up ride. I opened up the mirror wings to get a bit of cool air and I got some negative feedback from the passenger seat. I'm waiting for the Honda aftermarket manufacturers to come up with a better design of fairing wings that don't look so tacked on.

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
+1 on the mirror wings. Have them on my 09 and they work great. I also have a set of the lowers installed on the bike and they help with the legs. I have a complete set for the middle but don't have them installed yet. I guess that's a project for the winter...

I love the Baker wings. I think they are the best product out there for wind management.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I put the Tulsa's on my mirrors. Look better IMO and no drilling and work very well. Wind and turbulence probs for herself went bye-bye with my Windbender windshield. I put the lower Bakers on my bike and they work well too, especially for the reduction in bug splatter on my legs, her legs, and the bags etc.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
What's the point-she sleeps anyway. there are lots of other toys to consider.

+1 on the mirror wings as well. have fun.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the point-she sleeps anyway. there are lots of other toys to consider.

+1 on the mirror wings as well. have fun.
Well sir you are correct she has been known to sleep, however my tender flower deserves to rest unmolested by the wind....I cant even type with a straight face :D

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Well sir you are correct she has been known to sleep, however my tender flower deserves to rest unmolested by the wind....I cant even type with a straight face :D
If this truly be the case, I strongly suggest a 3rd baker wing affixed to the bridge of your nose. :D

BTW, while she be cute and sweet, she didn't survive you by being a 'tender flower'. My guess is, she'd whip both our axes if she knew we were talking about her here online.:confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
+1 on the mirror wings. Have them on my 09 and they work great. I also have a set of the lowers installed on the bike and they help with the legs. I have a complete set for the middle but don't have them installed yet. I guess that's a project for the winter...

I love the Baker wings. I think they are the best product out there for wind management.
Exactly the same for me. I love the upper wings and the lower wings as well. I kept the lowers on all this summer and when I would get a little more hot - just stick my feet further out and up on the hiway rests. My thighs and legs seem to be where the fairing set would go so I have not mounted them - they are still in the package.

I do love those mirror wings though - hot out or need more air - open them up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts