Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 wing and am looking into getting a set of the baker wind wings any suggestions on where to order the?

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
I'm sure any of the online sites carry them. Dennis Kirk sponsors the site, Wingstuff are great people to deal with & usually ship quick. If that fails check with local shop they can probably order them in for you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried my local shop but they really got me bent out of shape i ordered a set last wed stoped in there today and they have not even ordered them yet so i told them to not order them i will find them else where. i will look at the places you mentioned thanks for the reply

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I buy a lot of stuff from this dealer. I just bought a complete set of Baker Wings for my 09 and the price was great. Also has free shipping over a certain dollar amount which it was for the Bakers. Hal will also match best price. You are going to love the Baker Wings.

http://www.directlineparts.com/

·
Registered
212 Posts
I buy a lot of stuff from this dealer. I just bought a complete set of Baker Wings for my 09 and the price was great. Also has free shipping over a certain dollar amount which it was for the Bakers. Hal will also match best price. You are going to love the Baker Wings.

http://www.directlineparts.com/
Are those Baker wings that great.All I know is lately driving my new used 1982 aspencade it is way to warm. I just was wondering what I'm going to do when it gets real warm out. Can one adjust them for summer and winter,and will they stay put. Of coasre lately I have been riding with my vents closed.I have not even tried to open them yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did order the wings direct from baker and have had nothing but trouble with them.took a week and a half and they sent me two sets and billed me twice. i am almost 2 weeks into trying to get my second charge credited back to my account.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Sorry Halfa12pak:
I had nothing but a good experience with them. Bought a ride off center stand from them at Americade last year and had them install it for $20.00. Took them over an hour just to get the old stand off my 1990 Gl1500SE. They never once complained or asked for more money. I will be getting one for my 1800 this year at Americade along with some Air Wings. They can do the install right there too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i do love the wings they make a huge difference i live in michigan and it is getting colder now but i am still able to ride. i will buy from them again i just hope the next time goes better

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Hey, halfa12pak: Glad to know that they work. I'm from Connecticut and this Wing is my daily driver to and from work from the snow flies til they sweep the sand off of the streets in the spring. It's getting a bit nippy around here at 6 am on the ride in. I'm hoping that the wings will keep the air off of the back of my hands. The heated grips take care of the palms.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Are those Baker wings that great.All I know is lately driving my new used 1982 aspencade it is way to warm. I just was wondering what I'm going to do when it gets real warm out. Can one adjust them for summer and winter,and will they stay put. Of coasre lately I have been riding with my vents closed.I have not even tried to open them yet.
Yes they are. I had them on my 98 GL1500 and they were one of the first items I bought for my 09 GL1800. They do a great job with wind management in both hot and cold weather.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i did order the wings direct from baker and have had nothing but trouble with them.took a week and a half and they sent me two sets and billed me twice. i am almost 2 weeks into trying to get my second charge credited back to my account.
HALFA12PK, what bike did you install on, and what problems did you encounter ? Sorry to hear that you had problems!! Not fun when that happens..Thinking my self to install some. WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i put them on my 07 wing very easy to put on only takes 5 minutes and well worth the time and money. i had problems with the staff at baker goofing up my order but they are working on it to make it right with me.i would buy from them again

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Air Wings on my 2008 Gl1800 Airbag and they are awesome. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what you could put on the outer edge where the wing could touch or scratch the paint. I have seen a pair with a rubber type molding on the edge but couldn't find the rider to ask where he got them. Thanks for any help. Oh I live in Texas and the amount of hot air it deflects in the summer and the amount of warn air it directs inward in the winter is amazing. I love them. Sorry to all those who have had problems.

jwa

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the Air Wings on my 2008 Gl1800 Airbag and they are awesome. I would like to know if anyone has an idea of what you could put on the outer edge where the wing could touch or scratch the paint. I have seen a pair with a rubber type molding on the edge but couldn't find the rider to ask where he got them. Thanks for any help. Oh I live in Texas and the amount of hot air it deflects in the summer and the amount of warn air it directs inward in the winter is amazing. I love them. Sorry to all those who have had problems.

jwa
I have purchased some of those door edge Guards at WalMart, and have used them on my lower fairing.Just a suggestion.

WA9FWT Phil

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the baker hand wings that i installed come with little rubber buttons that are sticky on the back you just stick them on the bike where the wings might rub.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I have kept my personal promise. I have the belly pan installed so the next purchase is the wind wings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts