Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to order out a set of hand wings and I noticed the ride-on,ride-off replacement centerstand.Does anybody have these,and are there any disadvantages? Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any ride on/off center stand has the disadvantage of not being able to rotate the rear wheel to inspect the tire, check tire pressure, clean it or what ever because the wheel still touches the ground.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
It has been questioned whether they are more apt to tip over if bumped. I have heard others question this but never an individual saying it ever happened so I suspect unfounded unless someone pipes up.

I am interested in one and will probably buy one and try it out over the winter. If it seems stable, I will be happy with it: if not, it will go back.

If you decide to buy one, please let us know your opinion.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I had one on my 92 Gold Wing, I liked it a lot because I always park my bike on the center stand and that made it a lot easier. You have to get the hang of it first, its a little tricky at first but once you master it, it's great. I used a piece of 3/4 in. plywood to place under the center stand when I cleaned the rear wheel or checked the tire. Also NEVER park your bike in neutral, both tires are on the ground and it can and WILL roll off and onto it's side. :mad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comeback.I always have the stand down when my wife is getting onboard,and it can be tricky if the angle on the street or parking lot is extreme.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts