Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be buying a set with the uppers for my 1500. (any input on this, good or bad?) I was looking for instillation videos for the 1500, but can only find one for the 1800. Are there any videos for the 1500?

·
Administrator
29,079 Posts
Wow, 2 Baker Built type threads in a row.

B.D. I don't remember them being difficult enough to need a video. All their products are really quite easy to install. If there is a special reason that you feel you need info on. I would suggest you send them a PM. They are one of our sponsors & do check in regularly to the forum.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fossil! No real reason for the video. I always like to visualize a job before I do it, but I am sure it cant be too hard. As long as you chimed in, which ones would you recommend, the wings with the uppers, or the wings with the lowers. Keeping in mind, that I have highway boards, and dint know for sure if they will inter fear with the wings.

·
Premium Member
24,524 Posts
As I mentioned in the post above my only issue with the Bakers is the tint...doesn't match the bronze on my other tinted stuff. I never looked that close as to what colour options there might have been so it could be my error. For functionality, the Bakers are great!

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts
I had the full Baker Wings on my 98 1500 and they worked great. If I remember correctly the 1500 does not require any drilling, just put the screws in existing holes. I had mine done at a rally, but it should be an easy process. You are going to enjoy them. Good luck...

·
Administrator
29,079 Posts
Thanks Fossil! No real reason for the video. I always like to visualize a job before I do it, but I am sure it cant be too hard. As long as you chimed in, which ones would you recommend, the wings with the uppers, or the wings with the lowers. Keeping in mind, that I have highway boards, and dint know for sure if they will inter fear with the wings.
Most guys I see usually do just the uppers. I had uppers only of another brand on my 1500. The lowers are most likely going to be in the way of the highway boards. I know I wouldn't have been able to have them. You usually will get enough coverage out of the uppers in this Ole Fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I installed them on my 1500 last year. Very simple to install. The hand wings that mount to the mirrors come with a template that you cut out and place on your mirror and just place the clamp in the notch in the template and tighten the clamp. the lowers just go it to existing holes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.