Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found these guys while I was at Sturgis this year. They have an adjustable windshield that together with the adjustment I already get from my 1800 gives you over 12" of total adjustment. The upper part of the shield spins around and tucks away behind the lower one. Adds a pretty sporty look to the bike. I've always wanted a low sport shield on the bike but didn't want to give up the comfort of a tall one. I'm planning on ordering one this week but wanted to see if anyone here has one and could offer some feedback. Here's a link.

http://www.baggershield.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6&products_id=21

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No feedback?

Well since I didn't get any feedback I went ahead and ordered one this morning. They said I should have it by Saturday!! I'll post my thoughts and some pics once I get it installed and put a few miles behind it.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I did see them at Sturgis but didn't look at what they had to offer. The shield sure does look nice. I think I would miss the vent. Not the look of the vent but the extra air is to nice to give up.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I have not seen any of these Bagger Shields in the real world.... would be interested in doing so.

I saw several of the Windbender and they looked interesting, but since I cut down my windshield to be a few inches below my sight line, I have hesitated to buy. I will probably do this setup over the winter.

It is called the windbender. It is available in an automatic type... manual type and you can even buy just the hardware and do the mod yourself. Both 1500 and 1800 systems available. The link below will bring you to all the info you would need.

http://www.firecreekacc.com/windbender_hp.htm

I found several of these systems at the local chapter of the GWRRA meeting. I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle.

You can find a local chapter by going their website: http://www.gwrra.org

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome TinCup, that is a nice looking shield system. I have the Windbender myself, but haven't hooked up the electric adjuster yet which is really why I bought it in the first place. Just haven't settled on the 'sweet spot' for the bottom section.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

By the way, welcome to the forum from Seattle.
Thanks for the welcome. I just got my first Goldwing this spring and it is by far the nicest touring bike I've ever owned. I've had Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, and most recently a HD Ultra Classic and my 1800 puts all of them to shame. Makes me really regret not moving to a Goldwing years ago.:(

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I just got my first Goldwing this spring and it is by far the nicest touring bike I've ever owned. I've had Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, and most recently a HD Ultra Classic and my 1800 puts all of them to shame. Makes me really regret not moving to a Goldwing years ago.:(
Me too. I bought my 1500 in Sept. of 2010 and I have 11,000 miles on it so far this year. I sold most of my other rides but still have a dual sport to play on but not very often.

When I bought my 94 1500, I thought I would try out a Wing and see how it would fit with me. Since then, I have gotten rid of all of my pirate gear and looking forward to upgrading to an 1800.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I looked at the windbenders before I placed the order for the Baggershield. It was just a little too utility looking for my taste and another plus, the BaggerShield is $150 less!

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
See, that's what happens when you're living in this distant outpost of information deprived land in the North. Never heard of that w/s you got. Can't wait 'till winter comes and all the information gets re-routed to dog-sled carrier.;) Actually it's not that bad since we got the telegraph out in the countryside, but the darn wires keep snapping in the cold winter months:eek: At least we have no rats here; wolves, coyotes and bears would likely eat 'em all if we did anyway.
On a more serious note, did you actually purchase the shield in Sturgis or just order one from them there?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See, that's what happens when you're living in this distant outpost of information deprived land in the North. Never heard of that w/s you got. Can't wait 'till winter comes and all the information gets re-routed to dog-sled carrier.;) Actually it's not that bad since we got the telegraph out in the countryside, but the darn wires keep snapping in the cold winter months:eek: At least we have no rats here; wolves, coyotes and bears would likely eat 'em all if we did anyway.
On a more serious note, did you actually purchase the shield in Sturgis or just order one from them there?
I talked to them and got a demo of how they worked while I was there, but I didn't order one until this morning. I wish I would have since they were offering a rally discount but I wanted to do some more research first. They did say the Goldwing design was one of their new ones and mentioned that they'll have one for the 1500 this fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts