Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking around at bags to velcro/attach to the top of my 1800's rear Kury chrome luggage rack. They vary in price quite a bit. Quality seems hard to determine also. Anyone want to share their thoughts or expereinces with these type of bags? (I appreciate it)

·
Super Moderator
9,789 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
"T" bags makes some great ones--I have used them for many years-- and they have never given me any troubles---no broken zippers--- no seams comming apart-- no velcro failing-- they are just well made bags---- OH by the way ---- Ive never had one leak!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,538 Posts
+2 on the same bag Two Wheel & Joe in Calif have I put all of our rain gear & bike cover in it. Like Two Wheel said just be careful. I did buy the Star washers for the rack to support the extra weight. Good luck on your final decision.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The dealership mechanic warned me about luggage racks and weight. He said way to many people load the luggage rack up and bingo a busted trunk lid. I don't know how true it is and all I have is his warning which sounded sincere. He went on to say you should keep the weight to no more then a couple of coats strapped to the rack if your intent on doing it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
bags

I'm looking around at bags to velcro/attach to the top of my 1800's rear Kury chrome luggage rack. They vary in price quite a bit. Quality seems hard to determine also. Anyone want to share their thoughts or expereinces with these type of bags? (I appreciate it)
I have the same bag with the "cheap" rack, both work well, I would be carefull about the amount of wieght you carry in it. I use mine for Rain Gear and that is about it.

·
Super Moderator
9,789 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,822 Posts
I had one like that on my GL1500. Worked fine for me. I opted for the Kurykan on my GL1800 because I liked the looks better..
I'll wait to expend the money on the Kury. I won't need it this year, but by next year the wife will be part of the ride. My goal is Lake George together next year.

·
Super Moderator
28,538 Posts
You'll have a nice ride up through the Catskills Lee. Wife & I went to Alex Bay the week after we bought our Wing 3 years ago. When we left there we went through the Adrirondacks, Lake Placid & down through the Catskills & Lake George really nice riding. You are going to enjoy when wife starts riding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.