Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking around at bags to velcro/attach to the top of my 1800's rear Kury chrome luggage rack. They vary in price quite a bit. Quality seems hard to determine also. Anyone want to share their thoughts or expereinces with these type of bags? (I appreciate it)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kury makes a bag that fits on their luggage rack. Picked one up for my wing, and I think the quality is high, and it fits the rack perfectly.

·
Registered
137 Posts
"T" bags makes some great ones--I have used them for many years-- and they have never given me any troubles---no broken zippers--- no seams comming apart-- no velcro failing-- they are just well made bags---- OH by the way ---- Ive never had one leak!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
+2 on the same bag Two Wheel & Joe in Calif have I put all of our rain gear & bike cover in it. Like Two Wheel said just be careful. I did buy the Star washers for the rack to support the extra weight. Good luck on your final decision.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The dealership mechanic warned me about luggage racks and weight. He said way to many people load the luggage rack up and bingo a busted trunk lid. I don't know how true it is and all I have is his warning which sounded sincere. He went on to say you should keep the weight to no more then a couple of coats strapped to the rack if your intent on doing it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
bags

I'm looking around at bags to velcro/attach to the top of my 1800's rear Kury chrome luggage rack. They vary in price quite a bit. Quality seems hard to determine also. Anyone want to share their thoughts or expereinces with these type of bags? (I appreciate it)
I have the same bag with the "cheap" rack, both work well, I would be carefull about the amount of wieght you carry in it. I use mine for Rain Gear and that is about it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the Kury luggage rack on my 2010, and got the spacers for it because they spread the weight around more. I also have heard that you can't pack a lot of weight in your bag on the rack. We save the rack for the rainsuits, gloves, light coats, etc. I personally wouldn't put much more than that, though. I haven't had to replace one, but my trunk lid doesn't look cheap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
luggage rack bag

I am a parts associate at a honda dealership in Springdale, Ar. and just wanted to let you know that we have seen many overloaded trunk lids and the best way to prevent the cracking of the lids are the luggage rack risers. But to hopefully insure that we aren't capable of overloading the rack itself, we stock the kuryakyn luggage rack bag. It would be the safest way to be able to carry the appropriate amount of stuff without damage to the trunk lid.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am a parts associate at a honda dealership in Springdale, Ar. and just wanted to let you know that we have seen many overloaded trunk lids and the best way to prevent the cracking of the lids are the luggage rack risers. But to hopefully insure that we aren't capable of overloading the rack itself, we stock the kuryakyn luggage rack bag. It would be the safest way to be able to carry the appropriate amount of stuff without damage to the trunk lid.
Well this confirms what the Sunrise Honda bunch said. Basically jackets and rainwear even with the Kuryakyn rack. Still I think the rack looks good regardless.

·
Registered
5 Posts
luggage rack

very much so agreed sir, the rack is a great addition to any Gold Wing.

And if anyone has and questions about different products that I can help with feel free to send me an email anytime.

[email protected]

Jerrod Davidson

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
I had one like that on my GL1500. Worked fine for me. I opted for the Kurykan on my GL1800 because I liked the looks better..
I'll wait to expend the money on the Kury. I won't need it this year, but by next year the wife will be part of the ride. My goal is Lake George together next year.

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
You'll have a nice ride up through the Catskills Lee. Wife & I went to Alex Bay the week after we bought our Wing 3 years ago. When we left there we went through the Adrirondacks, Lake Placid & down through the Catskills & Lake George really nice riding. You are going to enjoy when wife starts riding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts