Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Went out for a little ride last week (not on the wing safely tucked away for winter) when this idiot in a Jaguar pulled across me, have a look, this wouldn't happen to you guys in the states you don't have that many roundabouts

http://youtu.be/oYnjBzHdr0w

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had a similar incident happen to me in North Georgia except I wasn't so lucky. A woman in a car took me out (I had rhe right of way and she never even looked to see if anyone was in the roundabout). Not much damage to my Kawasaki Vulcan (previous bike) but I shattered my right ankle and lost about 8 months of riding time.

glen...

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
We have a round - a - bout three miles from the house and when i go round it i go very slow , no matter on the bike or car ! I like my vehicles and i love myself too much to trust the other drivers !!

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
we have drivers like that around here and the closest roundabout is atleast 20 miles away ( no smilie cause i'm not joking )

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
My Irish mates call doofusses like that knobends. All too prevalent anywhere there is motoring public. Did you know that outside mirrors are very fragile when they are challenged by a real high quality motorcycle boot?:D And the more expensive the car, the more fragile the mirror;)

·
Administrator
29,017 Posts
Proof that we need to always give riding our full attention.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Looked like a bloody mess....People cutting each other off at every turn. I would be avoiding that spot if at all possible.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
yes, ride defensivley always.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Round-abouts are a part of my everyday life here in the UK there are thousands of them.
They are all very easy use but as Oldwing said always ride defensive because never know when some clown will do something stupid. Everyone that passes their driving test in the UK weither it be a car or bike has been trained to use them correctly. There are two basic rules of using a them 1, always give to vehicles on your right(as we drive on the left) 2, always give way to vehicles already on the it.
I have driven on US roads while been on holiday in Florida & they are a lot easier to drive on than ours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.