Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shipment date for the Utopia backrest I ordered was 10/1/12. Was really surprised that it arrived today. That is some super fast shipping. The quality of this backrest is amazing. Installation was pretty easy.

Also installed a set of Kuryakyn highway pegs.

Now if the rain will just go away.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Nice lloking stuff. Congrats

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Excellent job. Enjoy

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
two f the best additions you can make to a wing, great job

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I have the same backrest. I sure wouldn't want to be without it.

kerry

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Backrest and Highway Pegs were the first two accessories I mounted on my '06 Wing and also will be the first two on my new 2012.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Highway boards went on my bike while it was in the showroom (my bike was our store demo that year) along with a few other "necessities". The Utopia came a year later...shouldn't have waited;)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I would love to install a Utopia backrest but I'm afraid I'll screw up my heated seat.
If I can do it, you can do it. Just follow this tutorial, go slow and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Kerry

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
There are not any of the heating element wiring that is in that part of the seat, so that is not a problem. After watching video from several sources, the install looks pretty straight forward. If I just knew how the backrest pivoted forward and down..............I'd have ordered and had it installed by now!!
The Utopia backrest hinges forward right ar seat level. It's a little awkward trying to mount the seat if you have to throw your leg over the backrest. It will fold forward if you hit it with your leg.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.