Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my wing 3 days ago... realize I want/need a backrest. So far I like the Wing Master Backrest the best because it has no curved bar spanning the curve of the seat. This one gets inserted into a hole in the seat... which I'd have to cut. I'm concerned about water eventually eroding the foam within the seat. And if I want to temporarily remove the seat I'll have this big ugly hole. I also wonder if it fill fold forward to make mounting/dismounting easier.

Anyone have this seat.. or similar type? Would you recommend it or going with the curved bar type.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
A lot of folks like the Utopia backrest. Same design, you have to cut the seat and the foam.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was just looking at it online. Wonder if the materiel is an exact match or just simlar?!?!

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Mike a friend of mine has the Utopia for his 1800 & loves it. As far as water getting in there, if you're riding in rain the water gets in all kind of places you don't want it. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn over the seat rider backrest. I love it, very comfortable;however, if you have a co-rider this may be an issue. My wife's legs sometimes get bruised from them. They make a pad for this now, but overall we both like it.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
my 1200 has the bar over backrest while the 1500 has a built in backrest. i like the bar over backrest because it has some play and feels like your in a rocking chair

1 - 7 of 7 Posts