Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Goldwing experience, just purchased 2009 Navi and need recomendations on backrests and highway pegs. I am 5'9 looking for the best most comfortable riding position.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!
:)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your new Wing. I'm about the same height as you and I installed a set of Kuryakyn ISO pegs on my 09. I don't have a backrest but a lot of folks have Uthopia, Kuryakyn or Markland rests on their bikes. The last 2 have metal bars that attach to the seat handles which can be intrusive to passengers, but the Uthopia has to be connected directly to the seat. It's a little more involved and requires cuttingthe seat and installing a bracket on the underside of the seat, so if your uneasy about cutting the seat you would need to have a dealer install it or choose a different backrest. The installation also become a little more difficult with the 09's since they have the heated seats.

Hope you find the right one for you.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn pegs and Utopia backrest. love them both, If you ride double the Utopia back rest is the best, If you ride 1 up than the other types with the bars are good and easier to install. Some passengers don't like the bars on the backrest and other's don't seem to mind them, As for the pegs there is a new peg out now, aero peg, kind of pricey but look real nice.
AERO PEG

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Here is a picture of my old backrest with the bars

Here is the Utopia backrest, it inbstalls into the seat

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking bike guys!!! thank you all for the info & pics on the backrest and hwy
pegs...

Stay Safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts