Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a very good backrest and I can't decided which one to purchase. Do you have any idea which one is the best. :)

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Look back on the Active Topics moeptoe. There is one entitled " Utopia or Bakup Driver Backrest...?
sjncousin
02-10-2010 11:14 AM." It's a start! Keep the thread alive.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey chopin, I thought you might get a kick out of this. I modified a Canadian Tire (not sure of American equivalent) car drink holder to fit on the Wing. It's a rig designed to attach to the vent in a car. However, I drilled 2 holes into the top of the attachment, ran 2 plastic tie-downs through the holes and used the included double-sided tape to keep the tie-downs in place. Check out the pics - my fingers are where the tape is. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Hey chopin, I thought you might get a kick out of this. I modified a Canadian Tire (not sure of American equivalent) car drink holder to fit on the Wing. It's a rig designed to attach to the vent in a car. However, I drilled 2 holes into the top of the attachment, ran 2 plastic tie-downs through the holes and used the included double-sided tape to keep the tie-downs in place. Check out the pics - my fingers are where the tape is. Let me know what you think.
Is a " Canadian Tire " our equivalent of a " Jerry Rig " ? Get me a picture of the holder as it looks as a finished product. I'm not averse to a bit of domestic engineering. Poncho, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. I'll have to put mine on the left side though, because here in the states our throttle is on the right side. You have my attention!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts