Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kuryakyn backrest. The one side has frozen up, can't turn for the lock/unlock position. Tell me It can't be fixed so I can get rid of it. Seriously though, any suggestions, I've loosened the nut, but it doesn't do much that I can tell.

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
It can't be fixed. Take it off and send it my way!

:D

Seriously, I don't know how it's set up, so I'm not much help. :(

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
"STEP 4 Lock the Driver Back Rest in position by rotating the knob on the outside of the right
adjustment hub counter clock-wise. Lock the left side by rotating the knob on the left side adjustment hub
clock-wise.

STEP 5 You can adjust the backrest for maximum comfort by unlocking the adjustment
hubs, “springing” the arms outward and moving them to the desired position on the Left"
and Right Side Mounting Brackets."

This is from the installation instructions, maybe it will help you get things moving again. If that doesn't do it pick a bigger hammer:D

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
I'm assuming you've tried a lubricant of some kind. You might give the folks at Kuryakyn a call. I had a problem with a luggage rack of their design and they were very helpful. Haven't had any problems with their backrest on my '05; the only thing I can think of is perhaps the bolt is bent and causing it to bind.

·
Administrator
26,174 Posts
Good idea cantankerous, here's the # 1 866 277 9598

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Kline!!!!! Put some info of the year or model of your Wing up. All Wings are created equal but aftermarket parts aren't. Take the time to show us what you got so those who have it can give you their experience. Don't assume we know ( or remember ) what year bike you have unless ,like me, you are on here daily !!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,886 Posts
Hey Chopin, I see you're back to the C cup holders! :D

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
Kline!!!!! Put some info of the year or model of your Wing up. All Wings are created equal but aftermarket parts aren't. Take the time to show us what you got so those who have it can give you their experience. Don't assume we know ( or remember ) what year bike you have unless ,like me, you are on here daily !!!!!!!
Now let me see. You have a 2008 white wing. Dressed with a bra and 2 'c' cups. Standing on a CT. Backrest for the pilot. Am I close. Eric

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
mmkleine,

Sorry for the hijack that happened to your thread.

Perhaps if you tried applying some heat to the part that slides over the tube. That would cause that to expand & should be able to get it loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts