Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 9 days and 2,160 miles we got home around 3:30 today. Feels good to be home. We had a great ride,and great weather (no rain) . Here are a few pics. from the ride. First two of the Eisenhower locks in NY. Third was a tour of Ben and Jerrys. Some pics. at Mt Washington.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Glad you had a great ride and made it home. You were sorely missed at the Fossilfest.....Welcome back

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Ram, looks like you had a great trip. Enjoyed the pics. Missed you at Frackville, but we'll get together again. Glad you had a safe trip...

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Glad you had a great ride and made it home. You were sorely missed at the Fossilfest.....Welcome back
what phil said! thought this year we would get more time to hang out but the washington trip had to be fun also but not as fun as hangin' with the ref :D

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ram, looks like you had a great trip. Enjoyed the pics. Missed you at Frackville, but we'll get together again. Glad you had a safe trip...
Looks like you guys had a great time. We went through your neck of the woods today Charlie around 10:00. I have some more pictures to post but it won't alow me to do it.I'll try tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
what phil said! thought this year we would get moretime to hang out but the washington trip had to be fun also but not as fun ans hangin' with the ref :D
Now Cut That Out!!:eek::eek:

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what phil said! thought this year we would get more time to hang out but the washington trip had to be fun also but not as fun as hangin' with the ref :D
We'll try next year Doc. We'll even invite Phil.:D

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
On your next get-together, will EVERYBODY get to sleep with Doc?:eek::D "Not that there's anything wrong with it." (Seinfeld):D

Glad you had a great trip! Which Mt. Washington was it? I'm familiar with the one in North Carolina and the elevation looks about right from what I recall of 20 years ago.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Welcome home Rick ,I missed ya

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Tank, it was Mt. Washington NH. Still can't post the rest of my pictures.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Sounds like a good trip Rick. My Dad, brother and I climbed Mt. Washington several times in the winter starting out at the trailhead at Pinkham Notch. Great memories. How was the wind at the summit? Deb and I also drove up the auto road once and it was gusting at 80mph. Looks like it was in the clouds in your pic. When clear it's an awesome view of the White Mountains. Did you get up into Maine?

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Ram,

Awesome looking pictures, I'll bet that ride up Mt. Washington was a trip.:eek: As the boys said we missed our good friend Rick at the get together. We'll be sure to rendeveous again.:D:cool:

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
COOL RAM is home and we can get the facts again. I'm glad you had a great trip.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like a good trip Rick. My Dad, brother and I climbed Mt. Washington several times in the winter starting out at the trailhead at Pinkham Notch. Great memories. How was the wind at the summit? Deb and I also drove up the auto road once and it was gusting at 80mph. Looks like it was in the clouds in your pic. When clear it's an awesome view of the White Mountains. Did you get up into Maine?
Yes Dan the clouds were in and out but not to windy. 47* at the summit but what a butt puckern ride. Bikes tried to over heat on us on the dirt section. We made it up to Bar Harbor, neat little town.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
The New England area is on my bucket list. Nova Scotia is 2000 miles from here. Thanks for the pictures and description. Glad you had a good ride.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Yes Dan the clouds were in and out but not to windy. 47* at the summit but what a butt puckern ride. Bikes tried to over heat on us on the dirt section. We made it up to Bar Harbor, neat little town.
You did it right Rick, getting up to Bar Harbor too. I assume you rode in Acadia National Park and no doubt rode up to Cadillac Mtn? Don't you just love the carriage roads in the park? Mt. Washington and the weather patterns up there is very radical and can catch some folks unprepared for cold temps and wind and therefore the danger of hypothermia. It's particularly risky for hikers who misjudge the weather and don't have the right gear. Every years folks die on Mt. Washington because of sudden changes in weather and in winter from falls. My brother and I day hiked up to the Big Headwall from Pinkham Notch about 10 years ago and it kicked my butt. It's amazing how much stronger we were as teenagers when we summited numerous times in the winter. Sounds like a super vacation. I'm a bit jealous mate.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You did it right Rick, getting up to Bar Harbor too. I assume you rode in Acadia National Park and no doubt rode up to Cadillac Mtn? Don't you just love the carriage roads in the park? Mt. Washington and the weather patterns up there is very radical and can catch some folks unprepared for cold temps and wind and therefore the danger of hypothermia. It's particularly risky for hikers who misjudge the weather and don't have the right gear. Every years folks die on Mt. Washington because of sudden changes in weather and in winter from falls. My brother and I day hiked up to the Big Headwall from Pinkham Notch about 10 years ago and it kicked my butt. It's amazing how much stronger we were as teenagers when we summited numerous times in the winter. Sounds like a super vacation. I'm a bit jealous mate.
Yes we rode in Acadia and what a view from Cadillac Mtn.Would do the ride again.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
Serves me right for goofing on Doc! I meant Mt. Mitchell, North Carolina, not Mt. Washington, and I was about 400' of elevation off. :eek: Just the facts!:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts