Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

Just want to let all know that I will be picking up my brand new "well to me that is" 2008 Goldwing 1800 Navi ABS comfort package. I made the final payment tonight and will be taking delivery in the morning when shop opens up.

I will keep all posted and will take pics of my new baby

Chuck :D

·
Super Moderator
28,443 Posts
Good for you Chuck. Let's get some pics put in the Gallery. RIDE RIDE RIDE.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
congrats and happy riding

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Congrats on your new (to you) Wing from the Keystone state. Where is home for you??

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Congrats on your new BABY. Unlike the real thing it will not make loud noises or smell bad but like the real think it will give you great pleasure and you will spend too much time and money trying to please it and make it look good. Ride safely.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can agree about the spending time and money. I spent $600 before I even rode off the lot. I have plans for a few more pieces of Chrome if I can find away to hide it from the wifey. :)

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
I can agree about the spending time and money. I spent $600 before I even rode off the lot. I have plans for a few more pieces of Chrome if I can find away to hide it from the wifey. :)
cknox: I'm under the impession that you put Floorboards on. I would be interested in your experience with them, especially on the foot down stopping and starting off. My only experience with floorboards is on the Harley's I rent in Arizona. On the move they were superb, but on the take off I would brush them up with the inside of my ankle. No doubt just a learning curve problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chopin: I haven't installed them as of yet. I have to bring it back to the dealer to have them installed on Monday. "Can you tell I was a little impatience with a four day weekend upon us" I will let you know my findings.

I did notice that if I put my feet down directly out from the pegs that I can only get my toes down.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Chopin: I haven't installed them as of yet. I have to bring it back to the dealer to have them installed on Monday. "Can you tell I was a little impatience with a four day weekend upon us" I will let you know my findings.

I did notice that if I put my feet down directly out from the pegs that I can only get my toes down.
I measured myself ( not there) and found with my boots on I have 32 in. from floor to somewhere up there. I was at first surprised with my first stops that my toes hit the deck first, followed by the heel. The wide seat sure cuts down on the extendable leg length. " Four day weekend " ! What, you have a government job ? If it's any consolation to your misery, here in Northern Virginia the weather is dreary but Sunday looks sunny with temps in the high 50's. I look foward to you comments on the floorboards and everything else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well it was great day to ride, but being the holiday I was only able to ride about 50 miles from store to store. The wing sure make errands fun. I tools couple of pics from my iPhone for everybody to see.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Chopin - you are going to have to move to Atlantic Canada. The temperature here at 6:00 pm is still 55 degrees. Yes this is unusual but we can't enjoy our bikes because they are tucked away in their bed for the winter and we have already had salt on our roads so not a good idea to take the bikes out.

CK if you are having trouble with hieght check out tallmensboots. You can get an extra 4 inches. Bike looks great. I see you have chrome around the front brakes. The list of chrome extras is endless and can brake a rich man's bank. Have fun sliding into bankruptcy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I hope to never see Bankruptcy. I have a fool proof plan when it comes to spending. I have to give my warden "I mean Wife" Half the amount of anything I spend. Earlier in life it worked well but I see I am going to have to hide away some money for those days when chrome is calling :)

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
Well I hope to never see Bankruptcy. I have a fool proof plan when it comes to spending. I have to give my warden "I mean Wife" Half the amount of anything I spend. Earlier in life it worked well but I see I am going to have to hide away some money for those days when chrome is calling :)
Sweet CK! You got the Black Stallion. I wanted black, but that other lady wanted white. Apparently, my name isn't on that bank account. I told her we can wear black helmets and look like a rolling Salt and Pepper shaker. Those pipes stock ? The look a bit more aggressive sounding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No the pipes are not stock. Those are the chrome barrel ends with Goldwing imprinted on them. She has a small roar to her but she still is quiet as ever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Lil Red. What part of Texas do you hail from? I am planning a trip to Dallas this coming spring

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in Plano, TX.....about 15 miles north of downtown. BTW, I just picked up a new 2008 GL1800 w/Nav and Comfort package 2 weeks ago. Dealership in Oklahoma still has a handful of new 2008 units so I scooped one up.
Also, let me know if you are interested in updating your Nav maps to the latest that are available for our model. For about $75 I can update your maps to the City Navigator 2009 maps which will be the last update available for our nav system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. The last owner was kind and updated it for me. I also have a portable model that I will be carrying with me on trips

1 - 19 of 19 Posts