Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Just want to let all know that I will be picking up my brand new "well to me that is" 2008 Goldwing 1800 Navi ABS comfort package. I made the final payment tonight and will be taking delivery in the morning when shop opens up.

I will keep all posted and will take pics of my new baby

Chuck :D

·
Administrator
28,999 Posts
Good for you Chuck. Let's get some pics put in the Gallery. RIDE RIDE RIDE.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
congrats and happy riding

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Congrats on your new (to you) Wing from the Keystone state. Where is home for you??

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Congrats on your new BABY. Unlike the real thing it will not make loud noises or smell bad but like the real think it will give you great pleasure and you will spend too much time and money trying to please it and make it look good. Ride safely.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
cknox: I'm under the impession that you put Floorboards on. I would be interested in your experience with them, especially on the foot down stopping and starting off. My only experience with floorboards is on the Harley's I rent in Arizona. On the move they were superb, but on the take off I would brush them up with the inside of my ankle. No doubt just a learning curve problem.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
I measured myself ( not there) and found with my boots on I have 32 in. from floor to somewhere up there. I was at first surprised with my first stops that my toes hit the deck first, followed by the heel. The wide seat sure cuts down on the extendable leg length. " Four day weekend " ! What, you have a government job ? If it's any consolation to your misery, here in Northern Virginia the weather is dreary but Sunday looks sunny with temps in the high 50's. I look foward to you comments on the floorboards and everything else.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Chopin - you are going to have to move to Atlantic Canada. The temperature here at 6:00 pm is still 55 degrees. Yes this is unusual but we can't enjoy our bikes because they are tucked away in their bed for the winter and we have already had salt on our roads so not a good idea to take the bikes out.

CK if you are having trouble with hieght check out tallmensboots. You can get an extra 4 inches. Bike looks great. I see you have chrome around the front brakes. The list of chrome extras is endless and can brake a rich man's bank. Have fun sliding into bankruptcy.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
RF: I love New England and above, but only from May to September. After my first car trip to Bar Harbor, back in '01, I decided that traveling south of Washington D.C. doesn't interest me.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Sweet CK! You got the Black Stallion. I wanted black, but that other lady wanted white. Apparently, my name isn't on that bank account. I told her we can wear black helmets and look like a rolling Salt and Pepper shaker. Those pipes stock ? The look a bit more aggressive sounding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.