Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im in the UK and looking at triking gl1500 with axle and keeping luggage as is Any one done this and which axle did you use and the ratio please Pics would be nice if Po's thanks:)

·
Registered
296 Posts
The only trikes I have seen over here in Texas with saddle bags in place are the quick release Insta trike type. It is a clamp on system with axle and wheels, fenders lights etc. Can be removed in about 10 minutes if you want to ride two wheels. Any permanent type trike, including mine has no saddle bags. However, I am no expert on trikes, believe me.

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Voyager, Insta-trike and Trigg leave the original bike intact.
All trike conversions remove the original parts where they get replaced with a new swing arm, axle, wheels and a body with trunk. Gear ratios are what the manufacturer of the conversion decides.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Hi not the best of pictures but they have fitted an Axel to a modified swinging arm this what i am looking for I know you chaps in the US are nice but this is why i stated i'm in the UK The luggage remains fitted as can be seen in pic so it means some one in the UK is doing this Thanks
that more like an insta-trike all the full conversion trike seem to use a ford 7.5 rear end

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I believe the term "Axel" is losing it's intent from your country to ours!
The pic you show seems to be one of the aforementioned "outrigger" attachments available for the Wing and other bikes. Brands already posted.
There is not a straight axle available, as far as I know that can be added and maintain the original saddle bag position.
If I were to be interested in one of these "outrigger" models, I would give some very serious consideration to the http://www.triggtrikekits.com/trike-models/honda
Called a trike conversion, it and others like it are not true trikes as they maintain the original configuration of the bike and add 2 extra wheels to the bike.
Another item to consider when adding one of these is the "steering" of the bike. I found it most difficult to steer. A rake kit on the front suspension would be needed for me but, this then prevents the unit from being removed to ride as a 2 wheel bike again.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
tf is pretty much spot on with that, as is doc. The axle has to go through where the bags mount for a 3 wheel conversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.