Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding a very nice 3.5 gallon Auxilliary tank that sits on the passenger seat. I am putting on a three switch that lights up when on and sits on the break cylinder for a selenoid switch to open the fuel line when I am moving. I also am putting in an in line filter. The only thing I need is a bulk head fitting. I would appreciate it if anyone has the name of a place or web site that I can get one...thank you lee

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Fossil aprreciate the help...how is it back east...miss riding through Pa...great state...

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I am adding a very nice 3.5 gallon Auxilliary tank that sits on the passenger seat. I am putting on a three switch that lights up when on and sits on the break cylinder for a selenoid switch to open the fuel line when I am moving. I also am putting in an in line filter. The only thing I need is a bulk head fitting. I would appreciate it if anyone has the name of a place or web site that I can get one...thank you lee
I question how safe these auxillary tanks are if involved in an accident, it seems to me that even though they may be strapped down , the potential for breaking the connecting line to the tank and having gas spill all over a rider would not be a good thing ! I wonder about the construction of the auxillary tank itself and how it would withstand an accident ? I have never had one or seen one , but it seems to me they can't be very safe !

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Thank you Fossil aprreciate the help...how is it back east...miss riding through Pa...great state...
Things are swell, early spring this year. Been riding already. This week Winter has reared it's head again....No Snow but low 20's nite40's-50's day & windy as all heck.

Hope you can find what you need in McMaster.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'I have not done the cheap with this tank...it is well constructed and cost over five hundred dollars not counting the extreas...any one who might have a specific bulk head fitting site..I am still looking. thank you.

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Hey Lee, Did you try Fuel Safe or one of the racing sites like Pegasus or Summit???

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fossil I will give them a try as well. I am trying to get this set up so I can use it on a IB ride in three weeks. Texas 1000/24 and 1500/24 if I succeed.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Fossil I will give them a try as well. I am trying to get this set up so I can use it on a IB ride in three weeks. Texas 1000/24 and 1500/24 if I succeed.
That sounds like trying to run 26 miles after swimming 2.6 miles and biking for 100 miles. Makes me tired thinking about it.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Get the one with the Roll over valve built in for obvious reasons

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I decided to have everything installed by the dealer. The bike with all the extras and the extended insurance policy for repairing it for the next eight years ran me 30+ grand....so after seeing a utube wing fire ...I decided to have professionals do the work. I am getting the brake cyclinder switches installed to activate the selenoid to open the line, I have quick releases on the vent tube and the main line, and a fuel filter as well. I will have it back by Thursday.... I am very excited about the set. I will be able to remove the tank and not have to take off the seat to do it. I will post photos when I get it back...if you guys are interested...

Sorry I have been riding...I am 82 this month........

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO....no I started these rides because my best friend said I was too old to do them...showed him... I am 55. I hope God willing to be riding into my mid eighties....

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When I get a chance I will take some photos under the seat...

·
Premium Member
23,805 Posts
Looks like the perfect passenger to me. Quiet and always ready to go a bit farther. And you get a little back rest out of it.

·
Administrator
25,902 Posts
Might be a bit out there Lee, but if you don't have any luck with the places mentioned, check with an aircraft supply shop. They put ferry tanks in planes for long distance transport so that may be a source for your bulkhead.

·
Banned
5 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts