Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have started looking for fuel cells. Has anyone found a good one yet. Cost, design ...stainless over plastic...I would appreciate some sites. I am not talking about a MSR cylinder but a gravity fed system...

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
If all else fails, try twisted throttle. They have a spare fuel can that mounts with a secure X shaped thingie. I am putting one on top of the tour pack for a trip to Alaska..... Not very expensive either.... just a thought

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tonight someone had told me about an auxilliary tank that fits under the passenger seat. I have only had my bike a week now. I have not taken the seat off. The guy who told me has a trike goldwing. He had said California Godlwing had these tanks...if anyone knows anything about this please email me... [email protected] this is really important to me and I would apprecaite your help.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It took a while but I found it.....this is the name of it Auxiliary Fuel Tank 3.4 gallons TKC-05

I am going to contact a dealer to see about getting this installed...it is gravity fed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
where did you find it? got a link

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems that they are putting thses on goldwing trikes all over the country. I read though that this tanks puts in the origiial frame. California Goldwing...and numerous others pop up when you run all thae tank information that I listed in the above thread. I am surprise no one on the site was aware of this. The trike owner I spoke to set me on this trail. It seems perfect out of site and it is not sitting on the seat where it can damage the seat or be messed with when it is sitting outside a hotel...

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am calling a dealer on Monday and I will let you all know what I find out ....

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dead end on the 3.4 gallon tank it is used only on Trikes under the passenger seat...after the tire is removed. I was hoping for a better outcome......so now I am looking at some other options...

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
The only free space under my seat is the foam attached to the seat pan. Having a single seat made might give one some room to have a custom tank fabricated.

I have to get off my bike every 100 miles, so I might as well put some fuel on then.

The only time I ever got short on fuel was on my trip from El Paso to Douglas, Arizona through Columbus, NM. That stretch of road has one gas station in Columbus....and if you don't gas there, you won't make it to Douglas.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My goal is to increase the wings range to 350 miles and stopping aournd every three hundred miles. I was doing over 200 miles on my rocket and it was not as nearly as comfortable or as enjoyable as the Goldwing.

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
My goal is to increase the wings range to 350 miles and stopping aournd every three hundred miles. I was doing over 200 miles on my rocket and it was not as nearly as comfortable or as enjoyable as the Goldwing.
You're only limitation will be the fuel IBALEE. There were many times that the Little lady & I would pull up to a fuel pump, sitting on the bike fuel it, take the receipt & get right back to riding.

Good luck on the search.

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Found the one I am getting ...will be using quick connects and a selenoid in line to open the line and close it electronically. I think it will work well the tank is running me a little over five hundred dollars....

that is not my bike in the photo...I will post photos after I install it...

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
That certainly is a fuel tank. Get ready to log the miles.:D

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That certainly is a fuel tank. Get ready to log the miles.:D
Fossil that is the plan....:D I am doing a practice run in April. I will be going for 1500 miles in 24 hours and finsh with 2000 miles. I will be getting a Texas patch...Gold patch for the 1500 miles in 24 and a 2000 in under 48 hours....

I am trying to get ready for June .......10,000 in 10 days....and the four corners tour...at once....I need to break in my new beauty in...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts