Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing the aux input cable and the DC power socket in the left fairing pocket per the instructions that came with them. How the heck do you route wires out of there and still be able to close the lid?

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I am not sure which bike you have but I have a 1500. I just used the side of a drill rounded out the rim a little. The wires go under and the lid still snaps on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I removed the box and drilled a hole into the side of the box below the fairing rim about an inch down and routed the wires through there and under the fairing to the tunnel area. From there, I attached the wires to the handlebars or wherever they're going.
Steve F

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I did what Larry did (for the XM antenna, not the car tire;)), but I did the channel on the side of the pocket rim rather than the top. Won't get water in the pocket that way.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I drilled a hole in the top of the cover and attached a marine type plug with a waterproof cap. I fish the wires out the hole for the GPS and iPod. When rain is coming I push the wires back in and close the cap. I can send pics if you like.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the ideas. It's a 2012 but I think all the ideas would work. I was just hoping to avoid putting more holes in my brand new baby.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Thanks all for the ideas. It's a 2012 but I think all the ideas would work. I was just hoping to avoid putting more holes in my brand new baby.
Some guys have drilled a hole (I know you hate that word) in the side of the pocket, put a rubber gromit in there and fish the wires up neer the handle bars. I think Joe in Calf had some pics of that on here somewhere. It's still a hole, but an "unseen" hole if that makes you feel any better...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm just being overly sensitive because I also just installed a CB and had to put holes in the tour pack for the antenna. I'll get over it.

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
I'm just being overly sensitive because I also just installed a CB and had to put holes in the tour pack for the antenna. I'll get over it.
Wait until you have to drill for the trunk rack and spoiler.... Then you'll have drill shock.....:eek::eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts