Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my satellite radio hooded up to the aux hook up in the left pocket. I took my wing into the shop a few weeks back to have the air filter replaced and the ratchet on the windsheild repaired. I noticed that now the satellite radio does not get a signal through the aux connection anymore. It does pick up through the fm modulator so I know the radio is working. I just pulled the pocket out and everything is plugged in. Just to be sure i unplugged it and plugged it back in and still no signal. Any ideas on what to check next?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Just for the sake of futility, do you have something else you could plug into the AUX cable, perhaps an I-Pod , just to verify that two different AUX components don't work ? I'll search through the service manual to try and trace the AUX line. They couldn't screw up what connector it's plugged into in there, if I remember correctly the connectors are plug size and color specific . The AUX plug line should be connected to a white plug on the bike side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for the sake of futility, do you have something else you could plug into the AUX cable, perhaps an I-Pod , just to verify that two different AUX components don't work ? I'll search through the service manual to try and trace the AUX line. They couldn't screw up what connector it's plugged into in there, if I remember correctly the connectors are plug size and color specific . The AUX plug line should be connected to a white plug on the bike side.
Thanks for the reply. That is what I did. Plugged the Ipod in and it work. I guess the dealer pinched the extension cable I had run from the aux plug to the radio which I have mounted on the clutch reservoir. Guess I will be heading back to radio shack in the morning.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Thanks for the reply. That is what I did. Plugged the Ipod in and it work. I guess the dealer pinched the extension cable I had run from the aux plug to the radio which I have mounted on the clutch reservoir. Guess I will be heading back to radio shack in the morning.
So it was an inside job that ruined the outside cable. Did my air filter a month ago. It's a pucker moment when you get it all back together and turn it on. I had a starter switch glitch that was just coincidental with putting all the Tupperware back in place. Don't these guys check to make sure everything fires up after reassembly ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it was an inside job that ruined the outside cable. Did my air filter a month ago. It's a pucker moment when you get it all back together and turn it on. I had a starter switch glitch that was just coincidental with putting all the Tupperware back in place. Don't these guys check to make sure everything fires up after reassembly ?
I am glad I took it to the dealer. See the picture. Looks like a mouse was living in the air box. :eek:
Must have been there since I bought the bike 2 years ago and
12,xxx miles. What a big difference in power once the air filter was replaced.:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
I am glad I took it to the dealer. See the picture. Looks like a mouse was living in the air box. :eek:
Must have been there since I bought the bike 2 years ago and
12,xxx miles. What a big difference in power once the air filter was replaced.:)
WoW. And you thought the Wing was a bit underpowered for its size.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WoW. And you thought the Wing was a bit underpowered for its size.
Coming from a Shadow 1100, I was pleased with the power the wing had when I bought it (with the air filer clogged). I am very pleased with the increased power once I allowed it to breath the was it was suppose to be. :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
Don't remind me! I've got so much to do on my wing already, but to get into it for an air filter too. I might have to pull the radio shelter anyway to install the HID headlights. Box up seat to have it recovered, box up CB to send out for repair, valve cover, engine case guards to replace, timing belts, chrome to install and a saddlebag cover to get painted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't remind me! I've got so much to do on my wing already, but to get into it for an air filter too. I might have to pull the radio shelter anyway to install the HID headlights. Box up seat to have it recovered, box up CB to send out for repair, valve cover, engine case guards to replace, timing belts, chrome to install and a saddlebag cover to get painted.
Sounds like you have your plate full. Good luck with all of the work.

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.