Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Wing, aux cable installed in left front pocket for iPod etc. Works fine.

Would like my passenger to be able to operate the iPod while we ride. Seems like all I'd need would be another aux cable running under the seat and coming up somewhere convenient.

Has anyone done this?

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Tim, I've got a handheld Sandisk MP3 that Pam sometimes takes control of. Most electronic box stores, like Best Buy or Frye's, will have MP3 cords in 2ft, 3ft, and 6ft lengths, the cords will probably have a male plug at both ends so you'll also need a double-female connector. You can go to the trouble of routing it under the seat, or take my lazy method of leading the cord out of the pocket, lay it ON the bikes seat, sit on the cord, and she's got control. When she's not riding, coil the cord in the pocket till you need it. Being lazy does have some useful advantages.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim, I've got a handheld Sandisk MP3 ... leading the cord out of the pocket .
THat would certainly work for the first few rides anyway.

Did you have to make a little nick in the pocket lid so the cable doesn't wear away on the edge?

·
Premium Member
24,520 Posts
Tim, that's what I did with the antenna cable for my satellite radio. I was going to tear down the top shelter and route it more cleverly, but well, lazy is as lazy does.:umph:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Tim, that's what I did with the antenna cable for my satellite radio. I was going to tear down the top shelter and route it more cleverly, but well, lazy is as lazy does.:umph:
Hey Daryl, you bring up an interesting subject. Satellite radio. I would like to get one of those but haven't the foggiest idea which type, what service, whatever to get. What did you get and how does it work on the GW as far as reception. I gather you have an external antenna somewhere on the bike...enlighten us please...:icon7: Isaac

·
Premium Member
24,520 Posts
Mine is an older (bought it on e-Bay when I had the ST1300) Pioneer Inno XM/MP3 unit. I keep it in the fairing pocket and run the mini antenna cable out of the pocket lid; does show but doesn't look all that bad IMO. The antenna is not much bigger (thicker but about the same l/w) than a camera or SD card. It sits on top of the l/h mirror housing with a small velcro patch. REception is fine except in really mountainous terrain or serious city tall buildings or thick trees and stuff. Worked almost everywhere we rode in Glacier and the Rockies last year so was pretty satisfied. Biggest drawback is the aux cable volume reduction. Noise supressor (in-line from Electrical Connection) cancelled out the alternator buzz on that aux application pretty well. In the photo you can see the antenna on the mirror.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Thanks Daryl. Thats good information. I want one of those for those trips across West Texas and parts of New Mexico where the only sound you can hear is your brain frying. Isaac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.