Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my GPS plugged into the aux plug and ran the power line back to the fuze box. I get a slight whining sound through the headset when I listen to the GPS. Is there any kind of fix for this? Thanks, CD

·
Registered
91 Posts
Joe is correct that thee isolation transformer will solve your problem, but that's a lot of money for an isolator. If you can solder, then fry sells a stereo audio isolation transformer for $15 (which is what I bought) and you wire that in line between your GPS and the auxillary input. Same thing as Joe's link but much cheaper but it's not a plug in and go, will need you to modify the wiring. If you are not comfortable with modifying the wiring then go with Joe's solution as it's plug and play and hermetically sealed.

Gary

·
Registered
30 Posts

You can buy the same thing on line for about $5.00. Just google ground loop isolator and buy the cheapest one. All it is is a simple impedence filter (MP3 has one electrical circuit and Honda has another) This filter evens out the impedence mis-match.

I mounted mine on the back of the clutch resorvior with velcroe then used some black tape to hold it tight. The female end plugs into the right angle plug under the left pocket and the male end plugs into the MP3 player. In my case, it is the mount on my Garmin which holds my music and the directions from the GPS.

Oh yeah, $1.50 for shipping so a total of $6.50

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts