Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GL 1800 Trike that I just acquired and am getting back into the Gold Wing thing. I owned an Aspendcade back in 1981-85 so it has been a long time between rides.

Somewhere I either heard or read about a conversion kit to make the Gold Wing into a semi automatic similar to my wife's Spyder RT SE-5 but many searches on this site and others failed to turn anything up.

Did I just dream this or has someone actually put this item on the market?

Rick

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
welcome aboard rickrae, but I haven't heard of such a thing (but that doesn't mean much); if it's out there, someone will post something. Certainly seems possible since atv's and small dirt bikes etc have been using the auto-clutch set-up for years.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
The product you are looking for is an electric shifter and there are two that I know of one is put out by Pingel and the other is Kliktronic.
Welcome to the forum rickrae and greetings from Florida

·
Super Moderator
9,846 Posts
Trike Lady is correct.. There is no semi-automatic, but there are electric shifters. Many handicap riders use them. Not cheap, but they do work well..

·
Registered
4 Posts
EFM Auto Clutch

....I only have one hand and when I ride I use a Hook. I have been riding mostly automatic bikes or big Scooters I can still ride a clutch bike but its a pain some times. Then I remembered a buddy of mine has a auto clutch set up on his Harley Chopper. So I got a hold of EFM Auto Clutch to see if they make one for the GW...and they do. I did a lot of research and found that there the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts