Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mate is going around Australia in 2 weeks on his 2010 goldwing. He wanted me to post on this forum if anyone had any suggestions of what type of UHF CB to fit to suit Australian standards.

I am not sure if there are many Australian members who might have the answer to this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Simo, I use a Uniden UHF handheld connected to the Headset via a Starcom1 box. If your Goldwing intercom works (mine doesnt), the Goldwing enhancement system is supposed to do the job. I'm using their Advanced system.
I have a couple of GW Enhanced boxes & One full helmet headset which I'll be passing off way below cost. The handset & connection cables would have to bought from the supplier.

Sites to read about : http://www.starcom1.com/ http://www.dmme.com.au/StarCom1.htm
The Oz site includes a couple of radios

If you like, I can take a pic of the radio which is fitted to the right handlebar
Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob,

I have passed the info onto my mate.

Yeppoon is a nice part of the country.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We did the Great Ocean Road (by car) last Feb. It would have been interesting in the Goldwing in the southerly that was blowing the whole trip. Finished off with a couple of nights in the Crown Towers to recuperate. It's hard for a Queenslander to say, but we enjoy our ocasional long weekends in Melbourne.

One of the many youtube videos of the Great Ocean Road. Pity I couldnt find one from a GW

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Great Ocean Road is a great ride. I have done it on my ST1300 but not yet on the Goldwing. However, as you know the weather needs to be kind to be able to enjoy the ride.

Crown Towers would of been a nice place to recuperate.

I go to Brisbane every month. I do a lot of sailing and have a yacht at Manly Marina. I sailed it up north last year and visited Yeppoon on the way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Was just at Rosslyn Bay Marina on the bike today seeing a client. Plently of room in the Wing for files.
Sounds like you might have been one of the yachties in Rosslyn Bay last August when I was the census supervisor for this area.
Keep in touch for your next trip - any excuse for a beer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts