Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just thought id post a quick msg, we are about 6-7 hours away from the biggest storm (cyclone) that we here in Aus have ever seen! it is massive, the storm looks like striking the coast about 250Ks away and the storm is 500K wide, they are talking up to 700mm of rain. We have done all we can to secure our home & gear! the GW is covered in blankets and tucked in between the two cars so fingers crossed! I hope that on Friday i can come back here and let you know what's happening but power might be an issue for awhile! and i hope that is all the issue will be, Good luck & thoughts to my neighbors in Cairns AUS as well!!! talk soon

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Paul
I saw it on fox weather, that is one mother of a storm it nearly covers the state of Queensland. I will be praying for you that you all come out of it ok. If you need anything let us know.
Lots of luck hope to hear from you on friday

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I just wanted to extend my prayers to everyone in Australia!! Please stay safe and let us know when you can how you are!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Stay safe Aussie's. Your mates in the States will keep you in our thoughts.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
My thoughts and best wishes are with you and you family. There is nothing you do now but ride it out and yes let us know you are when you can.Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Stay safe Cloud.. Things can be replaced, but people are priceless. We'll be praying..

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Good luck, I know how those big storms can really mess up your life. Keeping y'all in our prayers.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
with all these storms going on theweather is starting to remind me of the movie "day after tomorrow '. stay safe cloud09 and everyone else enduring the storm in your area

·
Registered
219 Posts
with all these storms going on theweather is starting to remind me of the movie
Funny you should say that but i had another movie in mind and thats " 2012 "

I have already started building my ARK . There's room for my wife kids dog and me plus i will be towing a smaller ARK for the Goldwing with 2 extra large drums of fuel.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All, I'm back! pleased to say we prepared well & dodged any property damage (apart from some wet carpet) which is a freak of nature in its self, most importantly my bride & kids are all well & safe! Townsville is a mess but mainly tree's & major flooding! at this point no injury or death recorded 'that is amazing' as this storm was 500k wide and packed 200-300k winds! very lucky considering we where on the southside of the eye of storm! the worst place to be, very scary & sleepness night! GW is safe! will post some pics, thanks to my GW buddies & mates in the States for you thoughts....

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hang in there and we'll be praying for your safety. Keep us posted if you can.
Isaac

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I am glad all is well with you and your family!!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Good news cloud. Thanks for the update.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Very good to hear. Hope you get dried out quickly.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Glad to hear everyone is okay. Carpet can be replaced. Be safe..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well, on the bright side, when we were ther some years back, the locals around Townsville were saying the rainforest was too dry! That's no way to get the ground moisture back up. Glad you're ok Paul! Didn't wreck the hat I hope?;)

·
Registered
223 Posts
Followed storm on internet......horrible...what a mess......so glad you and all of yours are well......:D

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
I am glad that your family is ok. It's probably going to be a while before you will be able to enjoy the wing with all that damage. Eric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts