Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking if it's good enough for our northern brothers to do a meet and greet, it's good enough for us. Now I am going to plant an idea here and see what you think. I am in Adelaide and we have a couple of members in Sydney and Melbourne. There was 2 members in the Canberra and so I thought we could meet at Wagga Wagga. Roughly half way between Sydney-Melbourne. And if we make it late in March (a weekend) the weather should be good. Not hot and not wet. And you get to meet Eric the Hoon before the Americans members do. What do you think. Eric

·
Registered
103 Posts
Goondiwindi even - half way between Adelaide & Townsville :)

Great idea Eric, but good luck finding somewhere to co-ordinate with the spread we have over the continent

·
Super Moderator
28,452 Posts
I think it's great you guys are starting your plans.

I have one suggestion. Just keep talking about it for a bit naming different meeting places so we can see all the great names.

Wagga Wagga.:D:D:D I love it.

·
Super Moderator
15,241 Posts
you have a great idea eric i hope other aussies sign up

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I was to suggest Tamworth. How many Queenslanders would meet us there. It would mean a extra day for me each way. But I would consider it if we were to get a couple of you guys interested. It would make a big day for those from Melbourne. And that would make Brisband, Sydney, Canberra a day ride to get there. We could meet at Dubbo and ride through to Tamworth to meet the Queenslanders. Sorry Fossil that Tamworth and Dubbo probally don't sound real different. Eric

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tamworth would be good. The whole New England Tableland area would be beautiful to ride (if a bit nippy). I've driven it often. My mother came from Stanthorpe - just a few hundred km further on, just on the Qld side of the border, past Inverell, Glen Innes, Tenterfield, Wallangarra etc all beautiful country. My Scottish heritage is reflected in all the place names you can see on the map

Tamworth is prob a good days ride from Brisbane - add at least another 8 hours onto that for riding from Yeppoon & approx yet a further 7-8 hours from Townsville.

Late March would rule me out though - on the 25th I should be crossing the Nullabor on the Indian Pacific. Of course, any nominated date can cause clashes & what you have suggested sound good.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one suggestion. Just keep talking about it for a bit naming different meeting places so we can see all the great names.

Wagga Wagga.:D:D:D I love it.
Fossil - Wagga is pronounced like an O ie WOGGA WOGGA, and Goondiwindi is pronounced GUNDIWINDEE, Yeppoon as in YEP - pretty well as its spelt, just to make things inconsistent :)

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have had a closer look at Tamworth and it would be a 2 day ride for the Melbourne mob. So maybe it will have to be 2 different meet and greet events. The advantage of Wagga Wagga is in that Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra are easy day ride there and an easy day ride back. Which makes a good weekend ride and an easy 2 day there and 2 day back for me, well within a CAT tour. Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I got faith in yis all Eric, Bob, Paul (et al) that ye can git'r dun! It's a bit like myself, Red Ron, Badrider, Bear and Lady Bear, Strat, Snow Ghost,Yellowvette (sorry I can't remember all my countryman's handles off the cuff) for a gathering. A lotta country spreadout between a good number of riders from coast to coast. I forget just exactly what the distance from shore to shore is or the total land mass of Canada in sq/mi but there isn't too much to choose in between the three (Au/US/Can) in total area. We may have a slight edge in total size, but a good portion of that is frozen tundra so I think we'd agree that ain't prime riding realestate;). But as with anything, the planning is the fun and/or hard part, the ride is almost always the adventure, and the reward is meeting the buds/mates we only know as photos or by the written word. Good luck!
Just as an off-lander's silly notion, you could try and pick a very central equi-distant spot to meet, say, Ayer's Rock? Joking mates, just joking!:D That'd be like us planning to meet in Churchill Manitoba :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on guys, the accomadation is fast booking out. So far I have myself, Vanessa and me, Eric the hoon and his wife. If we can't get more interested. I will meet Vanessa in Adelaide. Eric LOL

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Come on guys. Is there any interest in a meet and great. If there is no responce I will put it to bed. Eric

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about Parkes. A long day ride from Adelaide, 1050 km, a reasonable day from Melbourne 700km, a longish day from Brisbane 950km. At this stage I would be interested late in March.

Jim C

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are the only one that responds Jim, I will go to Dubbo and meet you there. I will keep this alive a little longer now that you have responded and see what comes of it. That will still give you a big day out to Dubbo and a big day back. I would do it in 2 days there and 2 days back. Eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts