Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, No not me thankfully but one of my riding buddies a few weeks ago traveling at night along a particular road west of here & a road that i would not drive a car on at night cause of the wildlife! a mob of pigs ran across the road and the front wheel on his 06 red GW got torpedo'd by one of the buggers. Thankfully he is ok with several broke bones & bruising, GW a write off, pig is dead..... he is in good spirits & thankful to still be here.
Hopefully he will get back in the saddle quickly but not sure if he will buy another Wing so me & the other buddies will have to convince him otherwise i guess!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all, No not me thankfully but one of my riding buddies a few weeks ago traveling at night along a particular road west of here & a road that i would not drive a car on at night cause of the wildlife! a mob of pigs ran across the road and the front wheel on his 06 red GW got torpedo'd by one of the buggers. Thankfully he is ok with several broke bones & bruising, GW a write off, pig is dead..... he is in good spirits & thankful to still be here.
Hopefully he will get back in the saddle quickly but not sure if he will buy another Wing so me & the other buddies will have to convince him otherwise i guess!
Charters Air show day.JPG

pic of his bike

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hope he recovers soon so you guys can roast the pig :) i had a cat run into the left rotor cover a few years ago. i didn't go down but the front end got all wobblie

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
This is not good news. One of yours is one of ours. You have a mighty task before you to nurse his spirits back to health.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
This is not good news. One of yours is one of ours. You have a mighty task before you to nurse his spirits back to health.
take losts of pics when you go riding to keep his spirites up

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
It can be a 3 pronged attack. To get back physically from the injuries. To get back confidence mentally. And to return confidence to those around you to get another bike. A good mate is important. May he have a speedy recovery. Eric

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad it wasn't more serious. Bikes can always be replaced, heckuva way to get some legs o' pork to do those wonderful roasts yis do down under though. Wish yer mate a speedy recovery and keep pumping him up; not everyone who has a get-off gets back on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey Paul , sorry about your friend coming off, i hope he has a quick recovery, but the main thing is that he gets back on the bike as soon as he can. I've seen a few guys give it up after a fall.
I came off 4 years ago with the Harley and had a plate put in my left hand and i had some doubts will i was recovering, but as soon as i got strength in my hand i was back on. I'm sure with you and your mates encouraging him he'll be ok.

Pigs, man i thought a Roo would have jumped in your way

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, will pass these msg's to him, he is mending well so far & does have a second bike which we hope he gets back on soon!

·
Premium Member
11,001 Posts
Thanks for the up date Paul. It's alway good to hear how someone is going after a big off. Eric

·
Super Moderator
14,411 Posts
Sure hope he heals up quick. After my wreck last year I was lucky to have a spare bike to ride. As soon as I healed up I was on it. Encourage him to do the same and pick a quiet road to take a ride.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts