Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just had first service on the 09 airbag GW & ordered new highway pegs! luv'in it.....

I do have a small Q and some of you may have covered this a thousand times but I guess that's why this site exists as well! (Fantastic forum by the way)

I have two chatterbox headsets and at first some small wind issues and was getting used to the GW settings etc and some brilliant advise from other members so all is good there... the Q i have is around the volume setting when you go from bike speakers to headset 'is the difference in volume that big between the bike speakers and headset speakers' I understand that the bike speakers are far superior than the headset ones but like setting 5 on the bike is like 23 on the headset! is this correct or close to it! or am i missing something?

Any feedback or solution would be fantastic

rgds
Paul
(Down under)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
There shouldn't be that much difference in the volume from inside to outside, there will be some but not that much, check the location of the speakers in your helmet, if they are not in line with your ears you will lose volume. Then try another helmet with a headset to see if your headset speakers are bad

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
headset

To hear my satellite radio I have to have a head set on 12 - 14. This is blow out loud. I would have ringing in my ears for an hour after I got off. I stopped using the headset.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I adjusted the speakers in helmet and it did make a little difference though probably down to a 10 on the bike to 20 setting in the helmet, wifes helmet a little small for me but it's around the same level.
Also hooked up to a GW on the floor at local dealer (radio only) and was similar audio volume settings in the helmet, it would appear that the headsets are working etc but still seems a big noise level difference between bike & headset volume setting.

Thanks for the replies so far, much appreciated

Paul

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just installed a pair of JM headsets. I to am having the same problem. To give an example, for normal vo lume on bike speaker i set to 13. To hear on the headsets I have to set it to 25. This is a HUGE difference.

Does anyone have a cure for this problem???

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My headset volume is 16 to 18
My bike speaker volume is 12 to 14
A lot has to do w/the quality of the headset speakers and your hearing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, I figured this one out. Yes, it was speaker location. I had the speakers set into the ear recesses on the helmet which put them a little high and far back. After making the adjustment they sound just fine. Thanks for your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts