Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone seen or found a way to replace the factory GL1500 head unit with an aftermarket deck. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a good question and unfortunately I'm in the same boat. I've even started looking into small amplifiers with some EQ settings. If you hear of anything like that please let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That is a very cool adapter although I'm not quite sure how this is suppose to attach to the housing. I guess with a little ingenuity, it can be done. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found a cheap answer to this issue. An under dash adapter for your car, boat etc will mount against the forward wall of the trunk without taking too much space.Most new decks have a remote that through my testing will operate the unit even in the trunk. All you need is a small piece of velcro on the console to stick the remote and you're good. The deck is out of sight and out of the elements should you get stuck in the rain.Wiring all hide under the seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Radio Adapter

You Actually Remove your Old Radio Unit and it BOLTS into the Exact Holes your radio came from. Too Bad it is only for the 1500 but I think it is a Test to see how well it sells. I am thinking about getting one also, and the Price is Very Good for all the engineering he has done.

That is a very cool adapter although I'm not quite sure how this is suppose to attach to the housing. I guess with a little ingenuity, it can be done. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Last year you offered a link to an adapter for a radio for gl1500. I checked ebay and the unit is no longer viewable. Can you tell me the company name and model number of the unit? Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stereo adapter

Check ebay #390293361769. $6. Send me your email and I'll send you a picture of the install on mine. Keep in mind the remote control you need is a corded one, so make sure the deck you pick up is capable . Mine is a Sony deck with corded remote.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At the risk of being redundant I am sending you my email address again because I am not sure my first attempt was successful. My email is [email protected]
Thanks again for your help, maybe I will be able to return the favor some day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Radio adapter

Last year you offered a link to an adapter for a radio for gl1500. I checked ebay and the unit is no longer viewable. Can you tell me the company name and model number of the unit? Thanks
I have a 94 1500A and purchased the radio adapter off ebay the seller is ...trayk-by, the unit comes from Europe so be prepaired to wait for it I won the bid for $70 and $27 for shipping. I put a pioneer 8200bt stereo and upgraded my speakers....the sound is outstanding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check ebay #390293361769. $6. Send me your email and I'll send you a picture of the install on mine. Keep in mind the remote control you need is a corded one, so make sure the deck you pick up is capable . Mine is a Sony deck with corded remote.
With this being such an old post, I'm wondering if you still had that picture available of the stereo install. Please send to [email protected] Thank you!

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am new to this form, and I have been reading about change my Radio, out on my 1999 GL1500, I must of miss some of the posting, because i can not find out can it be done?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just found the ad for this adaptor on ebay. Man it's the way to go if you can afford it. trayk-by seller. Bolts straight in existing holes. $95 & 39.00 freight

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
I just found the ad for this adaptor on ebay. Man it's the way to go if you can afford it. trayk-by seller. Bolts straight in existing holes. $95 & 39.00 freight
post the link, thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts