Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ATTENTION-RIDE CANCELLED Meet,Greet and Ride Kerrville, Tx. Nov.17-20

Sorry everyone:(

This ride was cancelled due to my wife having unplanned heart surgery last week. She is fine but cannot ride the bike so this got cancelled.

It would still be a great ride, maybe we can plan on doing it in the spring, maybe we will even get better participation.

There is a lot of Texas members here, I just think it would be a blast to all get together......maybe in the spring!!

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I've been searching for places to camp around there and there seems to be zero, nada, none. I'll just have to keep checking. Might be able to run down at least for 1 day. Don't know right now. Got a Gun Show to go to on the 17th. I'll try though...:) Isaac

By the way, have you decided on your route from Dallas down to Kerrville? If so, what is it?

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've been searching for places to camp around there and there seems to be zero, nada, none. I'll just have to keep checking. Might be able to run down at least for 1 day. Don't know right now. Got a Gun Show to go to on the 17th. I'll try though...:) Isaac

By the way, have you decided on your route from Dallas down to Kerrville? If so, what is it?
Isaac,
I searched "camping in the Kerrville, Texas area" and came up with about 7 different campgrounds with a Kerrville, address.

Guadalupe River RV resort looks like a good one.

We will be heading out 377 to Comanche and then taking 16 down from there, planning on stopping in Llano for Coopers BBQ around lunch time, your welcome to join us for the ride down, Randy can give you the exact route, or if you want to give me another email address in a PM, I can email the directions and my phone number. We could meet up with you in Granbury or somewhere along the route. Hope you can make it.

OOPS- I see you are outside of Austin, maybe we could meet you in Llano or somewhere along the way. Just PM me.

Steve

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Yes, I am checking out those places and the one you mentioned but it seems that they are all RV sites. No tent or hammock sites. I will check further and give some of them a call. Heck, November it may be snowing and raining, who knows. I'll send a pm with all my info and if nothing else maybe I can meet you in Llano. Its only about 60 miles from here. Sounds like a fun ride. Better have a trailer or the girls need to bring the SUV's cause they will go nuts in F-Burg. Its a Mecca for women who like to shop. Later....Isaac:eek:

·
Premium Member
7,507 Posts
Steve, a quick check on Google Maps puts us about 300 miles/6 hours from Coopers BBQ in Llano. We'd have to have kick stand up by 6am which I can say ain't gonna happen with Deb riding. So, if we make it we'll hook up with you guys in Kerrville later in the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Steve, a quick check on Google Maps puts us about 300 miles/6 hours from Coopers BBQ in Llano. We'd have to have kick stand up by 6am which I can say ain't gonna happen with Deb riding. So, if we make it we'll hook up with you guys in Kerrville later in the afternoon.
Thanks Dan,
No I didn't expect you to meet us in Llano for lunch, it would be too far out of your way but hope you can meet up with us in Kerrville for evening dinner.

It sounds like your still considering coming so great!! If Deb would like to go shopping in Fredericksburg my wife will have an SUV, her choice, she may prefer to ride with us.

I have not ridden the 3 sisters before, are they 2 up kind of roads or better 1 up? Hate to crash with the wife on the back of the bike.LOL

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Sorry I can't join the ride--one of my daughters is coming to visit on the 18th. I rode the 3 sisters last year 2 up and had a blast. You may want to avoid riding 'em at dusk or dawn--whole bunches of deer down that way.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I can't join the ride--one of my daughters is coming to visit on the 18th. I rode the 3 sisters last year 2 up and had a blast. You may want to avoid riding 'em at dusk or dawn--whole bunches of deer down that way.
That's OK Will, we will miss you.

We do reserve the right to talk bad about you though. LOL:D

I'll meet you eventually, we live too close and ride too much not to run into one another at some point. I understand the family obligations, that comes first.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wished me and the lil lady could go but we went to the Lone Star last weekend. The wife is stil getting over her illness she grunted out the rally because she really wanted to go. Got friends going this weekend from Houston. The 18th. is our local toy run which we might miss if the wife isn't any better. We've been wanting to do a fall ride to the sisters for a while. Anyway have fun heads up for deer they're moving this time of year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I live in San Antonio and have done the three sisters many times.The Bent Rim Bar in Leaky is the best watering hole. In Camp wood, a biker owns two fat guys Bar-B Que and it is fantastic food (no beer). I would like to catch up with you guys on your way to do the sisters sunday. RR337 is the first leg that starts at Hwy 16 in Medina TX. If you have any idea about what time you plan to hit that area I would love to tag along and/or provide any local knowledge I could share. When you see the compound with the big white wall around it don't fail to check out the broken glass bottles glued to the top of the wall. PM me a cell # if you don't mind. Kangaroos, Buffalo are some of the other weird things to expect to see.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in San Antonio and have done the three sisters many times.The Bent Rim Bar in Leaky is the best watering hole. In Camp wood, a biker owns two fat guys Bar-B Que and it is fantastic food (no beer). I would like to catch up with you guys on your way to do the sisters sunday. RR337 is the first leg that starts at Hwy 16 in Medina TX. If you have any idea about what time you plan to hit that area I would love to tag along and/or provide any local knowledge I could share. When you see the compound with the big white wall around it don't fail to check out the broken glass bottles glued to the top of the wall. PM me a cell # if you don't mind. Kangaroos, Buffalo are some of the other weird things to expect to see.
Thanks,
I would have loved to have you join us but my wife ended up having heart surgery last week (she is fine) but can't ride on the bike so this trip got cancelled. Let's try to schedule another one, maybe in the spring, it would be a great ride.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry everyone:(

This ride was cancelled due to my wife having unplanned heart surgery last week. She is fine but cannot ride the bike so this got cancelled.

It would still be a great ride, maybe we can plan on doing it in the spring, maybe we will even get better participation.

There is a lot of Texas members here, I just think it would be a blast to all get together......maybe in the spring!!
Keeping your wife in prayers for complete and total healing.

·
Administrator
15,409 Posts
Sure sorry to hear that but glad that your wife is okay. Hope she haels up quick and can ride again soon. If y'all ride this in the spring you may be able to draw some of us from east of the Mississippi River. That's a great area and I was thinking of a visit in the spring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.