Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
although I have no major complaints about my wing I am a whiny crybaby and do not like it, i don't know what it is but I really don't like it. anyway I have a 2010 that has 10K miles with nav/cb/fog lights, tow package and when I went to try and trade it in all I was offered was $16,500. I guess I'll be riding this one for a while., oh well.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
What were you trading it in on ? I'm sure they said to you " Wow ! We have great news for you. We'll GIVE you ...... "

·
Registered
473 Posts
if your that serious about trading it, you must be able to pinpoint what it is about it you don't like. Would be interested to know your thoughts and like chopin asked, what your trying to trade on? If your not happy riding the wing, you won't be happy riding, hope you find what your looking for. Many have left the wing, but most seem to find there way back.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
Might make more sense to sell the Wing outright, remember when you are working with a dealer on a trade they have to cover costs in the transaction.

I would say sell the Wing yourself & search for the bike that you want. The worst part of that deal is not having something to ride right away. A small inconvenience for the better end.

·
Registered
64 Posts
While I am a huge fan of Goldwings, and motorsports vehicles in general, my experience is that the spread between what we think the one we own is worth and what it's really worth is worth is huge. They are just very difficult to trade or sell unless we're willing to sell cheap.

I know there is always someone out there who says he has a "classic" or a "rare" color, custom this or that, etc., but in the end the depreciation curve on motorcycles, boats, jet skis, etc., is incredibly steep. That's the reason I NEVER buy new.

Buy carefully, don't look back and ride in good health.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
KBB for my area says trade $15,100 and retail $19,400.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Remember a dealer will only pay wholesale for your trade in, and if he can, he'll go lower to increase both his resale chances and margin too. Two Wheel is just about bang on with his values according to my books and factoring the difference in the Cdn and US markets. Wings aren't 'for' everyone, otherwise everyone would ride one, so you're not alone in the world (although most of us will never understand why:confused:). If you want ot unload it, I'd opt for a private sale, that way you're at least dealing in the retail market. Up here that's a two-fold bonus, because there's no tax involved in the sale, and a dealer will often try to 'bury' the tax paid in the trade-in value allotted to the bike. 5% may not seem like much, but you'd be surprised at how often it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.